Chapter 26

Well...multiple late updates in a row must be some kind of sign. So from here on out I will no longer be updating on Mondays...so happy Tuesday update! Working from Thursday to Monday now totally threw off my writing timetable :)

Anyway, now for a little Silas time, plus a Nathan cameo because I felt like it...Happy reading!!!

*Sang*

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow.

Sweet cheezitz it's like there's an elephant stomping around on top of my brain.

"Peanut, why did you let me drink so much. Ugh," Nathan groans from somewhere beside me, and I open my eyes to see all of my guys flopped down in sleeping bags all around the room. A closer look tells me we're still at Uncle and Erica's house where we'd brought in the new year with a little too much of the special sauce, that being alcohol.

"Honey, you can't blame anyone but yourself for drinking last night, well except maybe for Rocky. I told you beer pong with shots was a bad idea but noooo..." I laugh a little at his sheepish expression, even though the motion hurts my head, before laying a kiss on his cheek. "Don't worry, I still love you even when you do stupid things."

At first he looks completely shell-shocked by what I've said, the alcohol still in his system after last night making his comprehension somewhat sluggish. Then it seems to click that he heard me correctly and his whole face lights up with his smile, and his expression is so completely elated that I can't help but respond in kind.

"Aw Peanut, I love you too," he coos at me, chuckling when my face goes red, "even when you let me do stupid things."

His follow-up statement makes me laugh, which quickly turns into a squeak when he leans in to kiss me, though I manage to dodge. I hate the way that his face falls, confusion and hurt fighting for dominance in his expression.

"Morning breath," I explain quickly, and his somber face lifts immediately as he laughs at me.

When his laughter dies, he leans back in and kisses the hell out of me in a way that feels like fighting with our mouths until I'm left breathless and his face is smug. "I don't give a shit about morning breath."

I'm kind of speechless, and Nathan can tell because he starts laughing again before slowly standing up and holding a hand out to me. Careful not to jostle my head or move too fast, I place my hand in his much larger, warmer one as he pulls me up and I hear the others start to show signs of life.

"Ow, fucking hell! Trouble, why did you let me do super shots?" Gabe's outraged shout has the others groaning louder before shushing him.

"Three words. Shot. Pong. Tournament," I tell him, and this time I feel less guilty about the pain they're all in. Should've listened when I told them they'd regret it in the morning.

"Малютка, my head hurts. Come kiss me better," Raven's roughened morning voice calls out to me and I smirk a little at seeing the big Russian trying to give me puppy dog eyes.

"It's come kiss it better, dude, not kiss me better," Brandon tells him with his face still squished into his pillow.

Raven grins wickedly, and I fear what he'll say next. "Oh, that we save for later when we are in private. Then she kiss whatever she wants, right Малютка?" Looks like I was right to be afraid.

North whacks him on the back of the head while I just blink at him, unable and unwilling to go there right now. I can't say the image he's created doesn't appeal to me...for way further in the future, but I don't think my face can blush any hotter so I need to...not think about what his grin implies.