Chapter 27: Broken

Hey, wake up, an unknown voice calls. My eyes slowly flutter open.

I look around to see no one," Where are you?" I call out.

I'm right here, she chuckles at my question. In your head missy.

Wait, who are you? I think.

Oh, how stupid of me, I'm your wolf my name is Sapphire.

Well nice to me you Sapphire.

I've been waiting to meet you.

I slowly stood up on all four. Wait... ALL FOUR!!! I quickly run to the nearest pond and look into the water. My reflection was a pure white wolf with one sparkling purple eye and another misty silver eye.

I gasped, Wow we're beautiful.

Hell yea we are, Saf said with sass.

Alyssa's P.O.V.~

She was there for everything, she was my friend, my sister, my wolf, she was protecting me, and she was there when I needed her. I needed her now more than ever.

After, Sapphire returned she permeated my mind with her memories, my memories; which meant I remembered all of it, good, bad, nasty, wonderful, ALL of it.

Timothy, the little bugger, stuck himself to my leg until he finally had worn himself out. He was worried I'd disappear again.

Nathan freaked out after the whole "mate-pull" thing and was distraught he was going to break me if he, even so, grazed me. I forgot I was dating a complete weirdo.

I've been training and preparing for whatever shitstorm Peter was going to bring. Everyone has been on edge, waiting. It's scary to have an obsessive murderous lunatic gunning for you, but that was our situation and we had to find a solution.

Death.

Dylan and I actually mended our relationship, no I didn't go back to the asshole. Instead, he realized I was happy and I was never coming back, he needed to sort out his life and his pack. We settled our differences and are just acquaintances and hopefully, friends in the future. Nathan didn't like it one bit but what was he going to say to the girl who was put through hell and forgot him for three months.

Nothing, he was going to say nothing because right now, I was pissed at him.

I sat on the far end of the couch in our room, staring at a wall like I was going to murder it. I kept huffing to remind Nathan, I was not having any of this crap he was trying to pull.

So far, Nathan would follow me to everything I was doing; training, a run, the outside of the bathroom, the kitchen, to Maci's room, everywhere. It was driving me insane, I'd understand if it was Timothy doing this to me but Nathan was my mate. He needed to believe in me.

I was past patient and kind, I was past done, I was livid. A fucking firecracker if you will.

I don't even spare him a look as he exits the bathroom and glances at me from across the room. It takes him a moment before he slowly sits down next to me.

I shove my body as far as I can into the couch, sensing him slouch his body in guilt. In the corner of my eye, I could see him extending his hand to touch my hand which were resting on my knees.

Oh hell no, I slapped away his measly attempt at trying to calm me down. He was not going to smooth things, this boy was going to hang.

"Can we please talk?"

I huff.

"Babe~"

I puff.

"I really don't understand what I've done wrong."

"Oh, my Goddess! You don't have any idea what you've done wrong?!" I scream at him, "I want privacy, Nate! Two seconds without you bothering me is that so hard to understand?!"

"I know you care I really do, but please I'm not a glass doll."

He lets out a frustrated breath of air, "Three months of pure torture."

He looks at me with tears in his eyes.

He's winning this fight, Sapphire hums.

She's right, damn, stupid face.

"I had no contact with you, I had no feelings for three months, no rock to hold onto, you're son had no mother, and your friends were giving up. I was restless, I was dying, I was playing devil's advocate."

He gets up and tugs me gently into a warm hug, "I thought you were dead, I thought since I wasn't your real mate I lost my connection with you. Yea, I'm being annoying and clingy because I'm scared. I'm so scared."

I ignore the tears falling on to my head and wrap my arms around Nathan burying my head into his chest.

He felt so right, he felt like home, he was home.

"I'm sorry I yelled," whispering I tighten my grip on him.

He replies with a wet chuckle, "I'm sorry for being an octopus."

I giggle in return.

Snap

I whip my head towards the window and a sickening feeling builds in my stomach.

He's here, Saf growls, I can smell him.

We were supposed to have more time.

I look up at Nathan knowing he felt the barrier snap too. He runs to Timothy's room and mind-links the others, I jump out the window to the field.

Alarms sound throughout the town, warriors line up, werewolves were shifting and getting into position.

I scan the woods to catch a glimpse of any moving shadows. I freeze when I see it, a shadow slowly approaching out of the woods.

I shudder at the sight of the smile forming on his face as he reaches the edge of the woods.

"It's good to see you."

I flinch at the effect he still had on me, this man was a monster.

He was sick, disgusting, crazy, insane and he had back up.

My heart wrenched as I felt more bodies pass through the barriers. Hundreds, maybe thousands. Rouge scent filled the air like a gas bomb.

He was early and way too calm.

"It' been awhile, Peter."

-----------

*unedited*

Hope you guys enjoyed it! Sorry, it was a little short this time around and sadly, this series is about to end. T-T

Look forward to the next one.

The Rejected To The Wantedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें