Chapter 28: Oblivion

Alyssa's P.O.V.~

"It's been awhile, Peter."

His name was like rotting flesh on my tongue, it made my convulse but I tried my best to conceal it but it was useless.

I could tell, he knew how he made me feel. He was grinning from cheek to cheek, like a kid looking into a candy store.

"You look beautiful but I prefer you in the dungeon."

I growl, "And I prefer you dead on the ground."

He chuckles lowly, "Well that's not happening, I'd also love to chat some more but the rouges I recruited have arrived."

I glance behind Peter's figure and see hundreds of pairs of eyes staring back at me. I could hear the grass crunch beside me, snarling growing as my friends and family stand alongside me.

We could defeat him, we were ready, we prepared, we could kill him.

Could we?

"Bring it on," I instantly shift, the cracking of bones filled the air as my pack did the same.

He throws his head up, laughing and he begins to shift. I howl a war cry and run towards the sniveling bastard but my view of him was blocked as rouges converged in front of me. I paralyze them, letting other pack members deal with them.

My goal was Peter if I got to him then the rouges would go away and this madness could end. I weave past pack members fighting, clawing, growling at the rouges. I block out the deafening last howls of many wolves, mates crying out for the lost of their loved ones.

Peter was just standing in the back, laughing like it was all a joke. He didn't have a care in the world, he was being a cocky son-of-a-bitch and it only fueled me more. A bastard recruited rouges to do his dirty work, he didn't care if they had mates or families to go back to. He was only here to enjoy the show.

I jump over wolves fighting each other, I was so close to him. I quickly reverse my eyes to purple, hypnotizing rouges and making them charge to Peter. 

They pile onto of his body, soon his black fur disappeared under the brown, grey, and mutt fur of the rouges. There was no movement, this was too easy. Way too easy. 

GET AWAY! Nathan calls through the mate-link.

I spin my body looking at the battlefield behind me, Nathan's green eyes made him easily spot. He once again screamed through the mate-link but I block it out at the sight of a silver glint in the corner of my eyes. I look up and see a hunter sitting on a tree branch, his body and face were easily camouflaged by the dark heavy leaves but his crossbow holding the silver arrow was as visible as day.

Then it seemed like everything moved in slow-motion. The pile on top of Peter slowly erupted as his wolf tore throw rouges and the hunter's crossbow snapped, releasing the arrow towards me. I blinked and froze, there wasn't enough time for me to move out of the way. I just my head towards Nathan, who was charging towards me.

His eyes said it all, No don't leave, don't die, move damn it.

He was pleading for the impossible, I gave him a wolfy grin and turn back to face my fate.

I begin the mate-link, I Lov-

A body comes flying into my side flinging me out of the way, I scream in pain but my cry was overpowered by another ear-piercing howl. I skid on my side, shifting back into a human hissing at the pain. 

I look at the curled up wolf lying next to me. His breathing heavy, whimpering, it was a nightmare. I could see the arrow sticking out from his stomach and blood pouring out of it.