chapter 5

These few days I was emotionless. I couldn't think straight, eat properly and I looked awful. I looked paler than ever, I had dark circles under my eyes, I didn't talk much and well I should not continue. Luke's been giving me support and was there for me on most times and as much as surprising and shocked it was to say this but so was Ashton. There was no name calling and every chance he got he gave me a warm smile.

Today's the funeral and well I've written a short speech and stuff. I wore this black long dress Noah always liked. I got outside and saw Luke waiting outside with his hands in his pocket looking at the ground. "Luke?" I asked and he swiftly turned around. "H-hey you look gorgeous by the way" He said stuttering. I gave a weak smile and said, "Luke hun even a blind person can see how ugly and horrible I look but thanks for trying" I said and hugged him. He frowned and lifted my chin so my eye looked into his. "Don't ever say that again. You're beautiful" He said and then the door swung open making us break apart. "Ahem" my mum coughed awkwardly and turned to us. "You ready?" She asked us and we followed her to the van where we proceded to Noah's Funeral.

As we arrived, Many school kids and teachers were here as well as family obviously. Noah's mum was silently sobbing. and his sister was crying a lot. I went over to Naomi and hugged her as she rested her head on mu shoulder crying. I had to stay strong for her but I couldn't. Some tears were already running a race down my face. We all sat down and the priest started his things. "I would ask for friends and family who would like to say something please come up" The priest said and his cousin LillyAnne and Florence went first. Then It was my turn. I walked over to the podium and unraveled the paper I had. "Good morning, I'm Emma and as some of you may know, I was Noah's bestfriend. This kid was like the closest person ever to me through hard times and such but he always was there to comfort me and be like the 5 year old he is like. I remember now meeting Noah for the first time a few houses down the road. He was all messed up in mud as he had fell face first in the mud. I stood there laughing at him and pulled him up but he pulled me back down with him. I must say he was quite a cheeky fella as well. Anyways knowing Noah was a good thing because He stood there for you always and had been a friend when you needed one. Noah's death was quite sudden and certainly a shock to me as well as most of you but we shouldn't mourn over it instead be happy but I just want to say one more thin before I go back to my seat, Noah Jhonson, Look after all of us and I love you buddy" I said and left the podium wiping away the many tears from my face.

My hands and voice was shaky now and as I sat down Luke engulfed me into a hug and at once, I started sobbing. " You were great and don't worry I bet Noah's right here probably looking at you and laughing. He won't want you crying Ems." Luke said soothingly rubbing my back. I wiped the remaining tears and smiked at luke. It was time for the body to go to the cemetary. They carried it and while burying the body of my best friend. I couldn't help but feel half of my life was leaving without me. They played yellow by coldplay. I turned around and hugged the nearest person.crying my dear life out. Whoever the person was just kept rubbing my back and walking with me to I don't know where.

"Sh shh sh don't cry, Ik its hard but don't cry didn't you say we shouldn't mourn but be happy?" He asked. I looked up to see the beautiful green/hazel eyes on Ashton Irwin prominetely staring back at me. I nodded and his rough long fingers wiped away the falling tears. "Hey hey everything is gonna be fine ok" He said pulling me into his chest hugging me and rocking back and fourth.