Chapter 11

Today is school and honestly I didn't wanna go. They're all gonna laugh at me. But too bad, here I was infront of the school gates with Luke Hemmings by my side trying to tell me that everything was going to be alright. I walked in bending my head in shame as I passed people. There were many whispers and laughs and all I wanted to do now is cry. As my head was clouded with thoughts I accidently bumped into someone. "Oh gosh I'm sorry-" I said but saw it was Ashton who had a pained look in his eyes but it soon turned into a mischiveous one.

I went to my locker and grabbed my books for maths which I do like. I went to my usual seat and impatienly waited for the snobby teacher to come in. I mean she's just like a typical high school cheerleader. She walked in today with the shortest dress she could possibly find with some killa heels and started teaching. It was fun until she sat on the desk and said we had a big project to do but we're doing it in groups of two. Then she started calling out names for the groups. I hated when this happens. I just sat there hoping she didn't pick- "Emma and Ashton" Oh fuck! Everyone turned around and looked at us and I glared at them.

She carried on talking about the project  and handed us papers on what we have to do. My mind was taken up with thoughts on how we were gonna make this work I mean Ashton Irwin doesn't like me and he always embarrasses me! The bell had rung and I made my way to Ashton's desk and pulled out a piece of paper with my home address and my number. "Hi um here just come whenever this week ok" I said and walked away as his friends around him whistled and then someone said, "Be sure to fuck her good" I turned around gave him a sweet smile and showed him the finger and got out of the class.

"Emma!!!!!" Someone shouted and as soon as I turned around I got the impact of a body on mine making me fall on my butt with the person on top. "Ugh get off" I said as the person got up and stretched out a hand. I took it standing up and I met face to face with none other than Ashton Irwin. "You gonna embarrass me again Iriwn?" I asked as I started walking away. "No no no. Please wait up and let me explain." He said as he out his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged him off and waited for him to "explain". "Ok look, I didn't mean for what I did to you, I truly mean it. You see Emma, Riley made me do it. She said if I didn't she'd tell my mum about my drug addiction problem" He said as I stood there lost. "I'm not buying that" I said and spun around walking to Luke and his friends.

"Please please I'm not lying, This is true if you don't belive me then..... ask your friend Luke." He said catching up with me. "How would Luke no this? I mean he just moved not to long to our school Ashton" I told him. "So luke haven't told you huh? well ask him about me listen to what he has to say" Ashton said and winked before leaving to go back to stupid Riley, Katy and Jake. I walked to the tree where all of them sat  and there was Luke holding his arms out for a hug. I stood infront of him,  hands folded and I said, "Luke and friends, would you like to tell me how you guys know Ashton Irwin?" I said as I sat down with them. They all looked at eachother and Mikey said, "School duh" "Bullshit" I said. "Is it true he has a drug addiction?" I asked. Slowly they nodded and then Calum spoke up, "Look Emma, um, Ashton and us were good friends until...." Calum stopped speaking.

"Until?" I asked impatienly. "Slow down Rookey. Until we found out about his drug addiction. We tried telling him to stop and what was good from bad but he lashed out on us and well we were no longer friends" Luke said and put his arms around my waist. "well thanks tho um, I have to pair up with him for a maths project" I said and cuddled into Luke. "Wait what? How?" Michael asked and kept biting his lip looking at me and Luke. I leaned off Luke and continued, "Miss Johns" "Ah ok" Calum said. "Oh shit i have to go, Bye guys" But before I left I kissed michael on the cheek and ran away.