Moving

Growing up, Poppy's life was never interesting. It consisted of growing up, going to school and moving on with her life. Life seemed to consist of the same everyday cycle and she wanted out. The day graduation came Poppy couldn't wait to move out, and that meant moving countries.

After years of planning, today is the day that I'm moving to Japan to start my new life. While visiting prior to the move, I easily secured a job after being scouted off the street, they wanted me to be a musician, choreographer and photographer for their Japanese music company. I accepted the offer and told them my plans to move, my new manger quickly scooping up an affordable apartment for me that was close to the studio.

I had been studying and saving money since I was 15, and now 22 I've finally arrived in Japan, permanently. My new apartment is everything I could have asked for, just the right size, with an incredible view of the city. Arriving early in the morning allowed me the day to unpack and arrange what new things I needed to buy, which was easy with the help of my new manager.
"Thank you again Miss Kosohi" I said, setting down my bags on the kitchen cupboard'
"No worries Poppy and please, call me Suzi" She says with a smile as she unpacks my new cutlery before receiving a message.
"Oh the boss wants you to meet your main band now, let's go shall we?"
I nod and we head downstairs, slightly nervous to meet the band. Also nervous to see my boss since I haven't seen him since I was scouted, Suzi has looked after me since then.

Arriving at the studio, I was introduced to the band in one of the rehearsal rooms, my boss and band mates welcoming me warmly.
"So Poppy, I hope Japan has been enjoyable so far. This will be the main band you will make music with. Other groups will require you as their choreographer. Meanwhile the whole company will have you as their photographer. This company also has a Korean based company, which will require your assistance while their musicians visit Japan. Am I understood?"
I nodded and thanked him before he left the room, allowing me to get to know the band I would be writing songs for. It consisted of 1 girl and 3 boys. The girl playing bass, while one boy plays drum and the other two on guitar. All 4 sang and were able to harmonise well, they were just wanting someone outside of the band to help write songs. And I was that outsider.