C H A P T E R 12 : Logan.

Tuesday

December 12th, 2011

1:50 p.m.

    As an old Marvin Gaye song blared through the speakers of Skate World, I kept my eyes open for Erick. He was, by this time, already an hour late, and I was irritated. I hated for my time to be wasted, but because Erick was my boy, I was letting him slide. I pulled out my phone and sent him another text asking him where he was at.

Ping! I heard less than two seconds later.

I'm on my way, I read out loud.

Yeah, you said that twenty-minutes ago, I thought, but refrained my fingers from typing and pressing send.

    I locked my phone back and then sat it down on the tabletop. To pass the time, I watched as people skated around in the rink. Seeing all these older couples hold hands and make out while they glide across the floor had me wishing I was back in school.

Eww, I thought to myself as I watched an older cat dressed in plaid, sloppily kiss all over his ol' lady.

     I took my attention off them, and my eyes landed over at the concession stand. My eyes raked over the pretty red-haired shawty standing behind it. After shorty finished serving an older black lady, her eyes scanned over toward my direction. Noticing me staring at her, she blushed under my gaze.

   I halve smiled at her, and she shyly waved back at me with a smile on her face. Just as I was about to get up, my view was blocked by my homie Erick finally popping up. "Wassup my mans?" he asked as he greeted me and stuck his hand out. I looked up at him with an irritated expression on my face. "What?" he asked, confused.

"Tuh," I said as I shook my head at him. "Wassup, man?" I asked as I finally shook his hand. "Where you been nigga, I've been waiting close to an hour for you."

"Chill," he said. "My shorty was trippin', had to calm her down first before I could leave anywhere," he answered.

"Tuh," I responded again as I shook my head disapprovingly.

"Man whatever you'll understand when you get a shorty." he said. Changing the subject, he asked, "You ready to go get this money?"

"Hell yeah," I answered.

"Let's go get this money," he announced as we shook up and then headed out.

"Erick!" a female yelled out. We both turned back to see who it was. "Hmm, two for the price of one," she said, referring to me because I looked back. "How you doing?" she greeted me as she walked up. It was more like a statement rather than a question. Not seeming to care if I answered or not, she turned her attention towards Erick. They both stared at each other.

   Finally, breaking the silence, Erick asked, "Wassup Kenya?"

"Wassup?" she repeated in an offended tone. "What's up is the fact you've been ignoring my phone calls and dodging me," she said. "That's what's up," she repeated.

"Kenya, listen up, you're my side bitch, not my main chick, you know I got a whole female, and I can't give you my attention 24/7 shorty." he reminded her.

   Kenya jerked her head back. "That's not what you made it seem like, you shouldn't have introduced me to a vibe that you can't maintain," she told him.