C H A P T E R 19 : Logan

Saturday

December 27th, 2013

2:00 p.m.

    As the bell that signified the end of the school day rang, I walked hand and hand with my girl. Everything so far in life was going great. I had the girl of my dreams, down ass homies and money to blow. I placed my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder as I whispered in her ear. “Is this everything you gon’ need?”

     A smile crept across her face as she answered. “Yes.”

“Are you positive?” I asked. “‘cause I don’t wanna’ make it to the first floor and then yo’ ass remember something else.” I warned her.

“I’m positive bae,” she assured me as she turned around and planted a kiss on my lips.

“A’ight.” I told her as I grabbed her hand and we both began to descend the stairs.

    We reached the first floor and rounded the corner to the glass doors. As we walked down the path I could see my homeboys standing on the public street waiting for us. “What y’all on today?” I asked as we approached them.

“Nothing much,” Jermaine answered first. “about to see what these thots on.”

 “It’s cold as hell and y’all about to go mess around with some thots?”

“You know thots don’t take no vaca.” Chris joked.

“Y’all have fun.” I exclaimed as I grabbed hold of Moriah’s hand and gently pulled her as I walked with her across the street. “Your hands are cold.” I stopped walking and pulled my gloves out of my pocket and passed them to her.

“Lo’ ain’t that De’ right there?” Chris asked as he pointed ahead of us.

   I looked behind and then turned back to Moriah as I answered. “Yeah that is.” She finished putting on her gloves and we began to walk towards that way. I watched as Darien continued to lean back on his car relaxed.

“Aye young thug lemme’ holla’ at’cha for a sec.” he called out as I passed.

 “Who me?” I asked nervously.

“Yeah fam,” he answered.

“Yo’ De’ I wanna’ be down with you, I’m feelin’ what you doin’ and I got what it takes.” Chris dick ride as we he stood in the background.

    Chris began to walk closer, but one of the dudes that were standing with Darien extended his arm to warn Chris not to get to close. Darien chuckled as he rose off the car and moved closer to Chris. Sizing him up and down Darien asked, “So you think you got what it takes?”

“I know I got the heart for it and I’m willing to do anything.” Chris clarified.

“Stand up straight goon.” Darien demanded him. Chris did as he asked. “Now say that sentence over, this time with some heart.”

“I know I got the heart for it and I’m willing to do anything.” Chris repeated, this time exactly how Darien told him.

“That’s better, if you down, you see this nigga right here,” Darien asked as he pointed to the dude behind him. “Meet him right here tomorrow in the evening and you bet not tell nobody, we gon’ see if you mean what you say.”

“Okay.” Chris said excitedly.

    With that he moved to the back and it was now my turn. Darien opened his mouth, but before he could speak the guy in the back interrupted by walking up and whispering a question into his ear. Darien looked over to the side as he spoke, “Yeah, that’s that nigga, Big Will go get him.” we watched as Big Will obeyed his command. He came back with a Junior we knew from around the way as Serg. “Wassup, man, where you been, why haven’t I heard from you?” Darien asked.