C H A P T E R 25 : Logan

Wednesday

January 9th, 2014

11:45 a.m.

    As I sat in my fourth hour class images of Moriah swirled through my head. Ever since the day at the movies I couldn’t keep the blond-haired beauty off my mind. I never thought that out of all the girls in Central she would capture my attention. We’ve been going strong only for a couple of weeks now, but the fact that we’ve been around each other before then for a while made me really hopeful for this relationship.

     I liked everything about her and in my eyes she was the true definition of beautiful. I liked her shoulder length platinum blond hair, her blue eyes, and dimpled rosy cheeks. She was model height and didn’t have many curves, but what she lacked physically she made up with her personality. Moriah is the sweetest girl any nigga could ask for. She was outgoing, respectful, lady in the streets and even though I haven’t gotten to experience the sheets part, I knew that by the way she moves out on the dance floor she knows a couple moves in the bedroom department.

    I felt a tap in my shoulder. I slowly turned around to see who it was. “What’s wrong Logan?” Jordan my best friend asked.

“Nothing.” I told him.

“This nigga lyin’,” Jaquan my other day one since pre-k chimed in. “he thinkin’ ‘bout that girl.”

   The teacher cleared his voice and we all turned to the front of the class. “Mr. Santana and company I’m trying to teach a class do you mind?” Mr. Harrison questioned sarcastically. Jordan rolled his eyes and turned his head. “Santana do we have a problem?”

“Nam man,” he answered. “We all good.”

 “Good now shut your mouths and let me teach.” Mr. Harrison said rudely.

“Aye Jay, you just gon’ let him talk to you like that?” Marquise instigated.  

“It ain’t even worth it.” he admitted. I sat back impressed by the new Jordan. I had never seen him sit back and let a teacher speak to him that way; maybe having a baby does change you. “Seriously,” he began.  “why you so into space?”

“Just thinkin’ ‘bout my girl,” I answered.

“Aww,” Jordan mocked. “This nigga finally happy he cuffed.” he continued. “How’d you even get her?” he asked. “I mean she a sophomore and you’re a freshman-“

“Nigga I got game,” I admitted with confidence. “And plus she’s cool with my twin….you know how that shit goes.” I told him. “And so what about my grade I be pullin’ bitches that’s seniors.” I bragged.

“This nigga goin’ soft,” Jordan teased. “Aye quan we gon’ have to find a new friend ‘cause this niggas whipped.”

    I laughed. “Nigga shut up you crazy for yo’ baby mama.”

“You right.” he agreed. “You’ll understand someday.”

“You right someday,” I agreed. “My ass ain’t neva’ havin’ no kids.” I announced.

“You say that now.” Jordan scoffed as he checked his phone.

“Mr. Flores, you care to share that joke with the class?” Mr. Harrison asked sarcastically as he folded his arms.

“Nah man,” I answered. “You wouldn’t get it.” I told him. The class snickered as she kept his attention on me and my friends. I shifted my attention from him and to the door. “You got someone at the door.” I announced as I watched her stand on the other side. When her face seen me a smile spread across her face.