C H A P T E R 14 : Lola P A R T 2

Tuesday

November 26th 2014

10:40 p.m.

                                                 *Couple hours later.*

     Okay, so maybe this is my first high school party, and man was I hella' nervous. I have to admit this is way different then from movies. I expected it to resemble the 'House Party' movies, but instead it was more subtle like a kickback. Although the music was pumpin' it was barely any dancin' just people holdin' up the walls.

     When me, Layla, and Logan entered into the house we went our separate ways. I hated the ride over here and I was happy they ditched me. I looked around the living room and found my best friend Moriah standing over by the wall where the refreshments were located. I walked over to her and we exchanged hugs. "Wassup?" she greeted. "See she got yo' ass to come." she stated.

"Yeah I wonder why?" I asked sarcastically. "It stank in here," I declared as I put my hand over my nose. The air went from fresh to ass in a matter of two point five seconds.

"Girl someone ain't wash they ass." she blurted.

"I ain't been here ten minutes and already I'm ready to go." I stated as I held my stomach.

"What time you leavin'? she asked.

"Lay said twelve –thirty so," I told her.

"Cool," she stated. "You know Jamal asked about you?" she informed.

"Really, what he say?" I asked excitedly, but still tryna' keep my cool.

"Nothin' just if you were comin'," she stated.

"Oh, where is he?" I asked.

"Idk, last I checked he was out back, but who knows." she answered.

"True." I agreed.

"Ye-"

"Hey bitches," Kayla greeted as she walked up.

"Wassup Kayla?" Moriah greeted back dryly.

"Not...thin.." she answered in drunken tone.

     Me and Moriah both starred at our wasted friend. She held a red plastic cup in her left hand, and leaned on Moriah's shoulder with her right arm to keep balance. She had on high wasted wash denim pants, and a red crop top that read 'Started from the bottom.' She wore her hair in faux dreads that stopped at her waist, and her makeup looked smeared. She looked me up and down with smug look on her face. "Is there a problem?" she questioned with attitude.

     I looked around to see if she was talking to anyone else. When I noticed she wasn't I spoke up. "I know you ain't talkin' to me?" Kayla didn't say anything else. She gave me a devious smile and then took a sip from her plastic cup. I rolled my eyes. "Anyway has anything happened?" I questioned. "This party seem lame as fuck."

"Yeah like you," I heard Kayla mumble.

   I looked her direction. She looked back at me with a blank face. "Don't mind her," Moriah said. Changing the subject Moriah said, "You missed it, Jody and Crystal were fighting over Jacob."

   Before I could say anything a pair of hands wrapped around me. "Damn Ma," I turned around to see that it was Tevon. I rolled my eyes, just the sight of him made me piss.  Tevon showcased a goofy smile and asked, "Wassup Lola?"

    Trying to calm my irritation I said, "Nothing, you?"

"Same chillin, you look gorgeous tonight." he complimented.

"Thanks, you don't look bad your-"

"Hey Tev," Kayla purred as she cut me off.

"Wassup Kay?" he asked in a disinterested voice.

"You, that's wassup," she flirted as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Why don't we go dance?"

    Before he could answer she grabbed him by the hand and pulled him to the dance floor. I cut my eyes at her. How could she do that? She knew he was interested in me and for her to pull that move was triflin'. All me and Moriah could do was sit there and mean mug her petty ass. She had broken girl code rule number five. I was hurt. Me and Kayla have been friends for a minute, or so I thought. She caught us looking at her. When she smiled I walked away pissed; I should go beat her ass.