C H A P T E R 20 : Lola ( With Part 2)

Monday

January 7th, 2014

 6:00 a.m.

"So how was your Christmas?” Moriah asked.

“Sucked so damn bad.” I bitterly answered.

      Trying to make conversation out of it she asked, “Why is that?”

    Irritated that she kept asking about the ridiculous day I hissed, “Because I had no one to spend it with.”

“Things’ll get better.” she offered.

That’s easy for you, I thought. “Look I gotta’ go I’ma get at you later Mo.” I told her. I pulled the phone away from my ear as I heard her say goodbye. I clicked and tossed the phone further down on the bed. I huffed and lay back on the bed as I placed my hands behind my head and starred up at the ceiling.

    It’s a week since Christmas passed and this Christmas marked the second year that I spent alone. Instead of spending it with a spouse, family, and friends I spent it stuffing my face with sweet desserts. I was pissed at the fact that my brother went to my best friend’s house and my sister’s man came to pick her up, and that my mother and my convict father went on a vacation. I felt like such a lame. I know I could have gone with my brother over to my best friend’s house, but I just couldn’t stand to see them cuddle. I hate that my best friend and my brother were a couple. Moriah was my roll dog and we did everything together, and now that she was in a relationship we barely got to hangout anymore.

    I know I still had Kayla, but I was still pissed at her for how she treated me a few weeks back at that party, and at the moment I didn’t care if we never again uttered a single word to each other. I was so pissed at her that when I got home that night I ran upstairs to my room, barged into my closet and reached for my best friend box. I opened it and grabbed the few pictures we had and began to cut her face out. I know it was a petty move, but it was the only way I could release my anger.

    But that was weeks ago and today was a new day; kind of.  As I stood in front of the mirror I slicked my hair back into a ponytail and placed some diamond studs into my ear. You know why it hurts? I heard her voice before I seen her body.

    I huffed and rolled my eyes. I seriously didn’t have time for this bitch. I thought. “Why don’t you go away?” I asked. I hated my inner conscious and I wished she’d just go away.   

   When I didn’t answer she took it upon herself to keep talking. Finally appearing and climbing out the mirror she said, It’s because she’s prettier then you.

    Replying bitterly I admitted, “No it’s because she’s a hoe.”

Takes one to know one, she taunted.  

“I’m neva’ no hoe so you can definitely chill on that.” I warned.

    She rolled her eyes as she took a seat on my bed. Never say never, she mumbled.

“So I guess you’re Justin Bieber now?” I asked sarcastically. Becoming irritated of her presence I said, “I don’t have time for your shit today.” I then grabbed my bag.

Ouch, li’l feisty this morning isn’t we? she joked. She stood up and began to walk toward me. Look enough with the little funky attitude; you’re stuck with me for the rest of your life so I suggest you get use to it buddy,

    We were now face to face and eye to eye. Feeling a rush of anger taking over me I pushed her and she fell to the floor. I quickly bent down and picked up a shoe and aimed it at her; it hit her in the arm and she screamed. “What you gon’ do bitch?” I egged on. Her piercing hazel eyes starred at me as a smirk moved across her lips. She stood up and lounged toward me, sending us both crashing to the floor. As she pinned me down I kicked and screamed in frenzy as curse words slipped from my lips. Coming back to reality I could hear my twin yelling my name, “Lola, Lola,” I continued to hit all out of whack. “Stop hittin’ me dammit!” he continued yelling."What the hell is wrong with you girl?" he asked in anger as he bonded my arms. As I desperately tried to catch my breath my eyes narrowed in on him. “Did you hear me?” he questioned. “What happened?”