nine

I opened my eyes due to so much headache.

"Argh." I groaned when I tried to get up but my body just won't let me.

What the heck happened to me, again?

All I remember was I was bound to go home when rain poured, that's all.

I don't remember me getting home.

After trying so hard to get up, mom walked in.

"Don't push yourself too much, sweetie. Please, promise me you will not catch a cold ever again. I was scared to death."

I nodded.

"But it's just a cold mom, nothing serious." and I smiled at her to erase her worries.

"Stop with that smile, Abby. I will never ignore the fact that you left home without my permission." she sternly said.

"Neomu mianhae, eomma." I said with puppy eyes.

She still isn't bulging.

I pleaded a little more, because it seems like she'll give up in just a snap.

It's because her expression was getting softer every second, and I am right.

"Arasseo, arasseo. You really know I can't get mad at you, huh?" she said and stood up. "I'll just prepare food. Take a rest first, okay?"

"Okay."

With that, she went out of my room.

Sigh.

I checked my phone if there are any messages from Bambam.

There isn't any.

It's funny how I'm so used to not getting any message from him, the first time I actually got to talk to him after weeks was awhile ago in Namsan.

I've been trying not to overthink but this no communication is too much for me.

I know he's an idol, but I'm a normal person slash girlfriend who also worries about my boyfriend's whereabouts.

Ring, ring...

His phone is ringing but there's no answer.

I tried calling again, but suddenly I hear a ringtone outside of my door.

The door opened and it showed Bang Chan.

Holding a ringing phone showing my name.

Wh-what the heck?

I looked at my screen again but it clearly showed Bambam!

"You really should get your eyes checked." he chuckled.

I don't know what to feel.

He's been avoiding me for God knows how long!

Am I angry?

Am I sad?

Am I happy?

I don't know anymore!

We're staring at each others eyes in a distance and all I see in his eyes was longing.

Tears started to pool in my eyes.

No, Abby. You can't cry right now.

He started to walk towards me.

Stop right there, please...

I closed my eyes as I felt his warm hug around me.

That's where I lost.

All the emotions in me just started to fade away with just one hug.

"Abby, I missed you so much." he said that sent shivers to my spine.

He tightened the hug when I replied, "Nado."

We were like that until he decided to wipe my tears.

"Stop crying, you look like a tomato." he joked which gained him a hit on his chest.

"I hate you." I said grumpily.

We were silent but I realized something.

"So you're the one I called awhile ago when I was in Namsan?" I asked.

He nodded. "That's why I decided to look for you because I know how reckless you can be, and good thing I did because I wasn't wrong."

I ignored the reckless thing he said which probably earned him another hit, but instead I thanked him.

If he wasn't there, I may not be going home safely.

"You were watching me all along?"

"What else can I do? You might slip away from my sight again and I don't think I can handle that." he replied but he mumbled some things I couldn't understand.

I just nodded my head, lost for words.

The silence was comfortable, I was just resting on his lap while he's playing with my hair.

He did no explanations for the days he ignored me, but it doesn't matter.

I missed my bestfriend so much.

An idea popped in my mind, right!

"Chan..." I started.

"Hmm?"

"Can you sing for me?" I pleaded that made him chuckle.

He cleared his throat before singing.

"Do you hear me, I'm talking to you, across the water across the deep blue ocean, under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying." I smiled as a familiar song filled my ears.

I glanced at him and I caught him staring at me while singing.

He smiled.

That smile, I don't know what's in his smile but it just makes my day brighter.

He continued singing without breaking our eye contact. His eyes we're too deep it feels so sinful just by staring at it, so I looked away.

His voice, I love that voice so much. It's been so long ever since I last heard that singing voice, I missed it badly.

I joined him in singing the last stanza.

"Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again."

The lyrics of the song started to be processed by my system.

I laughed at that thought, we're happy.

"I'm lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday."

Suddenly his phone rang and he excused himself for a bit.

I tried so hard to not listen but I can't.

"Yes, Haia. I'll be there in a bit. See you." he said before the line went off.

"Uh–" he started but I just had to cut him off.

"Of course, go to her." I flashed a smile, which I know is freaking fake.

We just got back in good terms, why is he leaving so early?

I smiled bitterly as he got out of my room.

It's true, we really are happy.

He's happy with Haia.

I'm happy... with Bambam.