sixteen

(a/n) play everything has changed by taylor swift!

"Happy birthday to you~" I heard my mom sing as I rub my eyes, waking up from my sleep. I immediately smiled when I saw her singing with a cake on her hands.

I sat on my bed, not taking off the smile I am wearing. When she was done singing, I made a wish and blew the candles.

"Thank you, mom." I said and hugged her tight.

After that mini surprise, mom got out of my room. I took that as a signal to start fixing my bed.

As I was fixing it, I saw my phone with MANY text messages. All of them were greetings, which is odd because I don't really talk to these people but they message me.

I guess I have to get used to it, because I always receive text messages from unknown numbers asking me about Chan's whereabouts. Like, how did they know my number?

I also noticed GOT7's and Stray Kids' greetings for me. I couldn't help but smile because these are the boys who are really close to my heart.

Out of all those greetings, there was only one person I look forward to greeting me. Yet his greeting was the one which is not even there.

We've been bestfriends for so many years and he makes sure to greet me first and last but I already woke up late and his message isn't still here.

There's no way he would forget, right?

I decided to shrug it off and just get some breakfast downstairs, still wearing my terno pajamas.

"Mom are we going anywhere today?" I asked my mom as I made my way down the stairs.

"I'm sorry honey, I have something to do today." she said, which clearly made me upset. I was expecting to have fun today since I seldomly go out because mom won't let me.

"Oh, that's okay." I said.

Of course it wasn't okay for me because this is the first time I'm spending my special day at home doing nothing. We always spent it like anywhere just for me to have fun but I guess I just have to understand.

I sighed and decided to grab milk and cereal. I put the cereal on the bowl first then the milk. I would never understand how other people put in milk first, that's a NO for me.

As I was eating, my chest hurt and it made it hard for me to breathe. I put my fist on my chest, struggling to breathe. It doesn't hurt than most times but still.