Escape

"That was TERRIBLE!" Sophie yelled into the void, momentarily forgetting that Keefe was even there.

All of her friends had been there!

Biana looked offended, Dex looked confused, Fitz had heart-break in his eyes, Tam looked disgusted, and Linh was in shock!

"Why me?" She asked, pouting.

"It's no big deal. It was just a kiss." Keefe said from beside her, giving her a smirk.

"What am I going to do with you?" She asked as blush crawled it's way onto her face.

"I don't know; fix me Foster!"

Sophie laughed at the crazy boy stuck in the void beside her.

They sat there, silent for awhile until Keefe asked, "So.... Where are we going to go?"

Sophie thought about it for a little while before an idea popped in her head.

Honestly, what harm would come of her taking a little detour before heading back home?

"I think I know where we could go," She said, smiling at Keefe before the void opened and they both fell through.

They landed on the concrete with a thud, and Sophie quickly got up and scanned her surroundings.

"Ow," Keefe complained, getting up and rubbing his back. "Where are we?"

"Italy," Sophie said, biting her lip. "I don't know why--"

"Hey," Keefe interrupted. "Isn't that the Collesomething-or-anther?"

Sophie smiled, turning to the crumbling arena. "It's the Colosseum,"

"Well, now what are we going to do?" Keefe asked as Sophie walked toward one of the buildings.

"I just needed a minute to clear my head," she told him. "So now we have to find a cliff or something and go back to the Lost Cities."

"But that's no fun." Keefe whined. "We just got here--plus, I'm hungry."

Sophie rolled her eyes, pulling Keefe into a nearby alleyway when people started to stare at the two of them.

"Fine," She said with a sigh. "We'll find something to eat and then we're going home. Deal?"

"Deal! You're the best Foster!"

Sophie couldn't help but blush, and Keefe raised one eyebrow.

"Foster, not to get my hopes up or anything but," He walked closer to her. "I'm sensing some pretty strong emotions, that I think have to do with a certain handsome dude!" He gestured to himself.

Sophie rolled her eye's, scoffing, and pushed him lightly away from her. "Well that handsome guy, is wrong. I'm just annoyed at you, Keefe." She said with a smile.

But then she soon realized that she'd referred to Keefe as the handsome guy.

Keefe burst into laughter as soon as he saw Sophie's completely red face. Sophie just shook her head and went to shove him again, but tripped over her own feet.

Sophie gasped as she fell, and was only a foot away from hitting the concrete when strong arms pulled her to her feet. When she came up she only inches from Keefe's face.

"You have to be more careful Foster," He said with a smirk. "You could get hurt,"

Sophie bit her lip, hoping he couldn't tell how hard her heart was pounding. "I've already gotten hurt plenty of times." She said with a nervous laugh.

"Well let's hope it doesn't happen again." He brought their faces closer and they kissed.

It wasn't long, since Sophie stepped back from embarrassment, and Keefe shoved his hands in his pockets.

Without needing to say a word, they both went back onto the street and walked in complete silence. They did not to make eye contact.

Sophie tried to think of something to say that would make this situation less awkward, and then she remembered Keefe's want for food.

"Are you still hungry?"

Keefe looked at her with a smirk. "Do you have to ask? Duh, Foster!"

She laughed and the awkwardness faded away. "Well let's go get some food!"

Keefe grinned as he held out his hand to her. She took it and they both walked forward, on the hunt for some food.