Home

Sophie and Keefe did, bumper cars, the Carousel, and the hayride. All of which made Sophie and Keefe fairly tired.

"That--" Keefe said through breaths. "Was the best--thing that I've done, in a long time!"

Sophie laughed and Keefe joined along. They looked up at the sky, the sun was going down and then Sophie remembered...

"Keefe," She she said turning to him. "We need to get back home, Grady and Edaline are probably scared to death,"

Keefe's face turned sad and worried, and he opened his mouth to respond, but Sophie grabbed his hand and led him to a very, very high-up bridge!

"Foster, are you sure we should jump from this one? It looks pretty ominous down there."

Sophie rolled her eyes and said, "Keefe. You've been, to Ravagog! I think you can handle a long and "ominous" drop down."

Keefe huffed then nodded his head. Their fingers twined together and they stepped off the bridge.

Down

Down

Down they went until thunder cracked and Sophie and Keefe slid into the void.

They landed near Calla's tree and sat there for awhile, not wanting to say goodbye and forget the wonderful time they'd had.

But after sitting there for a good few minutes, Sophie turned to Keefe. "I should probably go inside."

"Yeah." Keefe sighed. "I had a great time, Foster. I'd love to do it again." He told her, holding out his hand.

Sophie took it and stared at this eyes. They were so, so vibrant for a dark night. Like small ice crystal melting in his eyes, under a frozen lake.

Keefe smiled-- not a smirk-- a smile, and lifted her hand to his shoulder and his to her waist. They twined their fingers together and then started to dance, a slow dance on a cool night was what Sophie needed.

They swayed back and fourth, and Sophie was glad to know that Keefe was a wonderful dancer.

"That was fun," Sophie whispered as they finished the dance.

"Yeah," Keefe shrugged his shoulders as a smile formed on his lips.

He walked her to the door, and as Sophie turned to open it, Keefe grabbed her hand.

"Hey, Sophie?"

"Yes?" Sophie looked over, a little surprised that he used her first name.

Keefe shuffled his feet and let go of her hand. "I was just wondering..." He looked her in the eyes. "Would you like to go to the Foxfire School Dance with me?"

"The what?" She asked.

"The Foxfire Dance," Keefe repeated. "It's a dance they hold every year. You've just never gone because you've been busy kicking Neverseen butt. But...right now there's nothing really going on, so could we go together?"

Sophie was shocked at first, but then she bit her lip. "I don't know Keefe. Are you sure?"

Keefe smirked. "Totally and completely,"

Sophie looked him in the eyes, scanning him for any joke in his words. There was nothing but joy and truth.

"Your worried," He said, holding her hand.

Sophie gave him a shy smile. "Not anymore," Sophie bent down and kissed him on the lips softly.

"Is that a yes?" He said with a small laugh.

Sophie smiled. "Yes,"