Fight

Sophie woke up the next morning, very happy. She'd spent a whole day with Keefe and had said yes to going to the dance with him.

Her life was really coming together.

Well, except for the problem with her friends....and her parents.

The last time they'd seen her, she'd jumped out of a window with Keefe Sencen and hadn't returned in forever. She knew Grady would be furious, and Edaline would give a speech about "asking us before you do anything dangerous or reckless".

And Sophie's friends. They'd probably be scolding them. Biana would probably be a little upset with the fact that she and Keefe went to Italy alone, Dex would probably mutter something about Sokeefe, and Fitz...

Fitz would be on the war-path.

Sophie sighed as she changed into her Foxfire uniform, then she made her way downstairs. Edaline was waiting there with her breakfast on a plate.

"I'm not going to ask for details," Edaline said, sliding Sophie the plate as she sat down. "But I do want to tell you that you need to be more careful. After you left, we got Dex to track down your registry pendants to see where you two went. Grady didn't like the idea, but we decided to see when you guys came back." Edaline gave her a knowing look.

"Sorry," Sophie muttered. "Keefe wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel,"

Edaline smiled. "I don't know--and I don't want to know--what that is. Just promise me, that from now on, you'll be more careful."

Even though Sophie had made this promise many times in the past, she still said, "I'll try,"

Edaline nodded before Sophie headed back up the stairs and to the Leapmaster. Then, she smiled at the crystals and yelled, "Foxfire!"

* * *

Sophie walked into school and the first face she saw was Biana.

"Sophie!" She shouted over the noise.

Sophie waved and ran over to her. "Where's Dex?" Sophie asked her.

"Um...he should be standing over there somewhere," Biana pointed to the crowd of students. "Do you have any idea how many--"

She was cut off by a loud noise coming from the level-six side of the atrium. The halls were filled with prodigies, looking in a circle to watch what happened. Sophie and Biana rushed over and Dex found them.

"What's going on?" Biana asked him.

Dex didn't look at anybody as he said, "It's Keefe and Fitz, they're fighting."

The name Keefe made Sophie stop.

Biana gasped and Sophie stayed frozen, not being able to move. "I don't feel so--"

Biana rolled her eyes. "Come on Sophie! There's no time for that! We have to break them up!"

Sophie agreed with that, but she was scared of what would happen. She knew why they were fighting.

It was because of her.

"Okay." Sophie groaned as Biana dragged her over.

They both pushed prodigies out of the way and they saw both boy fighting, blood scattering the floor!

"Sophie! Get Fitz off of him, and I'll get Keefe!" Biana shouted frantically.

Sophie nodded, going around and trying to grab Fitz.

None of the boys acknowledged either of them. When Sophie came around, Keefe was on the floor, while Fitz was punching him in the face, scattering more blood everywhere!

Sophie ran to Fitz and grabbed his waist and started pulling. Fitz stopped punching Keefe and quickly turned around and slapped Sophie in the face.

Sophie went flying back and landed on the floor. Her head hit the ground and the last thing she saw was millions of prodigies running her way.