Mending

Sophie woke to a blinding light, and a pair of giant spectacles! "Your awake!" Elwin said happily. "Finally!"

Sophie smiled and then tried to remember what happened. Then all the memories came crawling into her mind.

Last night...

Biana...

Dex...

Fitz...

Keefe...

"Where's Keefe?" Sophie said, bolting up from the cot, immediately regretting it when a headache pounded it's way into her brain.

Elwin moved out of the way to reveal Keefe on the cot beside her. He was sleeping and he looked pretty normal, so that meant that he'd be okay.

"What about Fitz?" She asked. Even though he'd hit her, she wanted to know if he was okay.

"Everglen." He said, shrugging his shoulders. "He's got a three day suspension, and his parents' death threats are probably ringing through his ears right now." Elwin sighed. "What happened exactly?" He asked. "I don't want to push you, but if you feel fine then, I'd like to know."

"I'm fine." Sophie reassured him. Then she told him everything that had happened since Sophie and Keefe danced under the tree to when Fitz slapped her across the foyer.

But what she had "failed" to mention was that she had figured this would happen.

"That's...wow," Elwin said slowly. "So you and Keefe danced under a tree, he asked you to go out with him, you said yes, the next day Keefe unassumingly was talking about it, and Fitz beat him up."

Sophie nodded her head and sighed. "I feel so terrible about it,"

"Hey," Elwin said, sitting on her cot. "It's not your fault. I may not know all about this weird teen drama, but, from the looks of it, you didn't do anything wrong."

Sophie smiled. "Thanks Elwin,"

Elwin nodded before getting up and flashing a light over Keefe.

"How many days do I have to stay in bed?" Sophie asked, dreading the answer.

Elwin smiled. "Actually, you and Keefe are free today. You stayed here for two days. You both broke a few ribs, but their all healed now. I just figured you'd want to wait until he woke up." He pointed to Keefe laying there.

Sophie cocked her head. "Why is he still asleep?"

Elwin frowned. "Well, he did loose a lot of blood."

Sophie nodded her head. "Oh! Elwin?" Sophie said standing up. "Can you tell Keefe something for me when he wakes up?"

"Of course--what is it?" He asked her.

"Tell him..." Sophie paused, she was going to say something else, but she settled with this: "Tell him, I'll be at my house...if he feels like dropping by. Okay?"

Elwin nodded his head and Sophie left the office.

Sophie walked the hallways of the school for a little bit before finally heading to the Leapmaster.

"Sophie?" Asked a small voice from behind.

Sophie turned around to see Dex.

Great! Sophie thought. He's probably going to ask a ton of questions...

Sophie smiled at him and Dex grinned back. "Do you want me to come with you? I just want to make sure you're okay," He asked, like he was trying to keep his worry out of his voice.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you though," They smiled at each other as Sophie yelled, "Heavenfeild!" and Dex yelled. "Rhymshire!"

* * *

Once Sophie had gotten home, she went up to her room and sat at her desk.

She let out a long sigh. "Why should anyone want a boyfriend anyway," She mumbled to herself, wondering if losing her friends was worth it.

"Well, for one, they're someone that care's for you. Jolie had Brant." Sophie remembered that her desk was in range with her spectral mirror, so Vertina obviously heard her. "Also, they tell you everything's fine when things aren't! And don't let this go to your head, but Keefe Sencen looks good with you!"

"To rebut that," Sophie started, turning to Vertina. "Brant ended up evil, and Jolie died at the hands if him. And...how'd you know I was talking about Keefe?"

Vertina rolled her eyes, "You talk to yourself, a lot!"

Sophie rolled her eyes and stepped out of range stepped out of range, walking slowly downstairs and seeing Edaline in the kitchen making mallowmelt.

"Sophie," Edaline started. "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Sophie knew Edaline was saying this just to get Sophie to spill the beans, but she nodded her head anyway.

Edaline pursed her lips. "So can you tell me everything that's happened that I don't already know?"

Sophie sighed and nodded before telling Edaline all about the fight and what exactly had happened between her and Keefe.

"Oh, you poor thing," She said, coming over and wrapping Sophie in a hug. "I have no idea what you have to be feeling right now, but I know that you're strong enough to get through it."

Sophie smiled. "Thanks Edaline,"

Edaline opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off by a knock at the door. "I'll get it," She told Sophie.

Sophie nodded, and as Edaline walked away, she started to come up with a plan that involved getting Fitz and Keefe to become friends again.

But she didn't have a lot of time to plan, because Edaline said, "Sophie, someone's here to see you,"

Sophie turned around and saw Keefe standing in the doorway.

They offered each other a sad smile before Sophie got up and ran to give him the biggest hug in the world.

"I'm sorry," Keefe said. "I shouldn't have bragged to Fitz. I didn't mean to scare you." He leaned back. "I'm so sorry,"

Sophie shook her head. "It's okay, Keefe. I'm fine. We're fine."