Sad (AKA Filler Chapter)

As soon as the dance was over she leaped home, ran to her room, barred the boor, and collapsed on her bed.

She couldn't sleep due to her nightmares. It was mostly of a few unrecognizable figures laughing and telling her she was a idiot because she thought Keefe actually liked her!

When she woke from her one-hour sleep, she didn't move. Then she heard a small knock on her door; she didn't open it. Then she heard Grady's voice.

She sighed. She didn't have enough composure to go through Grady's rambling about "that boy" and how he was just an awful person, because the truth was...Sophie did like Keefe.

A lot.

"Sophie? It's Grady, can I come in?" He asked.

Sophie didn't answer.

"Please?" Grady asked.

Sophie stayed quiet.

"Well," He said. "If you ever need to talk, me and Edaline are here, okay?"

Sophie could tell he was still standing behind her closed door, so she sniffled, before getting up and walking to the door.

Her arms and legs were sore, and he head felt like someone had set it on fire, but she moved the chair from the door know and slowly opened the door.

Grady and Edaline were both there, and they gave her pitying looks.

"Hey kiddo, " Grady said, smiling sadly at Sophie.

Sophie's eyes filled up with tears and she started to sob, ugly sobs. She fell into Grady's arms. Grady hugged her tightly, Edaline joining in.

"I love you guys." She cried.

Grady rubbed her back. "We love you too, Sophie."

And that was enough for her.