Enough

"Alright, so before we begin," Biana said, pacing Sophie's flower petaled carpet. "I think you owe us all an apology."

She nodded at Keefe, motioning to everyone who was in the room.: Sophie, Fitz, Dex, Linh, Tam, and herself.

"Wait, why does he have to apologize to us?" Tam asked from his spot on the floor. "He didn't break out heart--he broke Sophie's."

"Yea, but we were all affected by it," Biana countered. "We all had to try and keep Sophie cheery when she was depressed."

"True, true," Dex said. "She walked around like a Zombie on steroids."

"Whatever a Zombie is, I don't care," Then Biana turned back to Keefe. "Now, you may apologize."

Keefe nodded, looking at everyone one at a time and giving detailed, sincere apologies. And by the time he was done, everyone looked like they'd cry.

"Thank you for that Keefe" Biana sniffled, and then cleared her throat. "Now, we'll all leave you and Sophie alone so you can explain what happened--and then tell us. Alright?"

Keefe nodded as everyone got up out of the room and shut the door.

Keefe turned to Sophie. "Are you ready to here the most pathetic explanation?"

"Is is truthful?" Sophie asked, sinking farther into her pillows.

Keefe smiled. "Yes, it's truthful,"

"Then yes," Sophie sighed, looking at Keefe right in his icy eyes. "I'm ready,"

Keefe nodded, sitting gently on her bed and looking down at her comforter. "Well, I'll start this an hour before the dance," He cringed at the last word, but kept going. "As I went downstairs to get ready Grady stopped me on the stairs,"

Sophie sucked in a breath. Could this whole thing have been Grady's fault?

"He stopped me and said, 'The main thing I wanted to tell you was, that Sophie deserves someone like you.' and of course I was touched and all that, but I didn't let his words sink in until a few minutes before the dance. I panicked and then when you came and I saw you--you looked beautiful. I didn't think I deserved you. You're way too good for me. Grady's words came crashing down on me and I freaked. I didn't want you to be with someone who's like me."

He paused for a long beat. "But then after I realized how much you did want me after running after me, I realized that you loved me. So I wanted you to talk to me so I could explain. It was really just a stupid move that was caused by my freakin' anxiety. You probably don't want talk to me ever again. And...I can't blame you."

Sophie stared at Keefe for a few seconds before saying, "You were right: That is the most pathetic explanation I've ever heard. But," She added when Keefe's face turned sad. "I forgive you. And I understand what's it like to feel like you aren't enough."

Sophie and Keefe's eyes met for a long time, before Keefe came over beside her and smiled. "Thank you, Foster. That means a lot."

"I mean it," Sophie said. "You're enough for me,"

Keefe smiled, and Sophie smiled back, before they both melted into a kiss.

From no where there was a ton a cheering. Both Sophie and Keefe turned around to see their friends at the bedroom door all cheering and clapping.

Both Sophie and Keefe blushed red, but in all honesty, the didn't care. They were just happy to be together. They didn't need anyone to tell them, or cheer, or anything ceremonial like that.

They already knew they were a True Match.