Party Prep

Sophie woke to the light shake of her shoulders, and Grady's voice saying, "Sophie, wake up." Sophie's eyes fluttered open to see Edaline sitting beside her, and Grady behind Edaline. Both of her parents smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Good morning," She told them. They answered with a soft good morning as she sat up.

Then it dawned on her. "The dance is today!"

Edaline smiled wide, and Grady gave a subtle nod.

Sophie hopped out of bed and realized she was still at Evergeln. "Is Keefe still here?"

"No," Grady said, shaking his head. "Keefe left a couple of minutes ago." He told her. "And don't worry, I had a big talk with him about the dance."

Sophie blushed.

Imagining the situation was super embarrassing, but she deiced not to think about it. Instead, she nodded and grabbed her stuff.

"It's 10:45, and the dance starts at 6:00, so me and you have some time to do shopping." Edaline said as they made their way up to the Leapmaster.

Sophie tilted her head. "What?" She asked." I thought we already did shopping."

Edaline smiled. "I know, but I have something else planned." She told her. "Get dressed, then we'll go."

Grady rolled his eyes and mumbled something about girls shopping too much, before he and Edaline walked out of the room.

Sophie grabbed her bag and put on a cobalt blue and black tunic with black leggings and a pair of black boots. She quickly skimmed her hair with a brush and headed down the stairs with her stuff.

* * *

Edaline had taken Sophie to Atlantis and had searched through millions of stores looking for...what was it again?

Oh yeah! Make-up. And they'd had a long conversation about why they should get make-up.

"Why do I have to get make-up?" Sophie asked. "It's not like anyone cares."

Edaline sighed. "Because, even though elves already are beautiful on the outside, it still right to have status show that we know that."

Sophie rolled her eyes. "That's sound pretty snobbish." She pointed out. "And if we already know we're pretty why do we have to show it?" She asked.

Edaline shook her head. "You'll understand one day, but for now, we're going shopping." She said, and with that she dragged Sophie through millions of make-up and beauty stores until Sophie's eyes hurt.

They'd gotten back at about 3:30, so once she got home, she took a shower and then dried her hair. Edaline had laid out Sophie's dress and helped her get her hair and make-up ready.

She couldn't wait for the dance!

These chapter's just keep getting shorter and shorter haha