Presents

"Where were you guys?" Fitz asked, red faced, and clearly ticked off.

Sophie struggled for an answered, but then remembered Biana had them covered.

"We just took a little detour after we put Sophie's things in my room." She said, shrugging her shoulders and standing up to her brother.

Sophie stayed seated on the stairs, hoping Fitz would drop it.

He didn't.

Fitz dragged a hand through his already wild hair and sighed. "I was about to get Dex track your pendants. Don't do that!" He fussed at her.

Biana opened her mouth to argue back, but Sophie cut her off:

"It was my fault, I thought I'd left Ella at home, so we spent most of the time looking for her, then we decided to wait for you guys at the bottom of the stairs." She said.

Sophie stole a quick glance at Keefe and saw that he was about to open his mouth and say that she was lying, so Sophie quickly transmitted: Don't you dare say a thing.

And Keefe quickly shut his mouth, but not in enough time.

Dex had looked over to Keefe. "What, Keefe?" He asked.

"What?" Keefe asked back.

"You were about to say something." Dex countered, staring at Keefe.

Keefe shrugged his shoulders and tried to act casual. "Oh! That. I...was about to sneeze, but I couldn't." He said, walking toward Sophie and sitting down beside her.

Tam shivered. "I hate when that happens,"

There was a moment of silence before Biana smiled. "Can we do the present now?" She asked, more giddy than before.

Fitz tore his hand through his hair again, clearly already annoyed at his sister.

"Fine. You can all go wait in the living-room while I get them." He said, walking up the stairs.

Biana ran into the living room an sat on the plush chair. Keefe, Sophie, and Dex all sat on the couch, and Tam and Linh both sat on the love-seat.

"What presents?" Sophie asked, crossing her ankles.

Biana huffed and rolled her eyes. "I really shouldn't tell you," She answered. "Fitz wanted to do the explanation, so...I'll let him."

Sophie sighed at Biana's response and leaned her head on the chair.

Fitz came in the living room a few minutes later, carrying four presents. "Here they are," Fitz said. "Sorry it took so long, I forgot where I put them." He said.

Biana huffed and mumbled something about brothers, but Sophie didn't hear, she was too focused on the presents. "What are they for?" She asked Fitz, tilting her head.

Fitz's face practically beamed as he explained. "Well, I had this idea that since you weren't grounded anymore, we could get you 'No More Torture' presents. So we all went to Atlantis yesterday and got you a gift!" He said.

Sophie grinned. "You guys are the best! Thank you so much,"

"Of course," Biana said. "Now, open them!"

Sophie smiled and picked up the smallest one with silver and blue wrapping. She undid the wrapping and open a tin filled with raspberry, caramel and lush-berry custard-bursts. Sophie smiled and found out that Dex had learned an easy way to cook and made them for her.

She then opened the biggest one that was wrapped in a pink, cylindrical, box. Her eyes went to Biana.

Biana shrugged her shoulders and remarked, "What? I like pink."

Sophie opened the present and saw a floor length, sleeveless, sky-blue, dress with silver swirls at the waist.

"I love it," Sophie said with a grin.

Biana nodded her head at Sophie. "Okay! Open another one."

Sophie obeyed her request and opened a teal wrapped package with light blue ribbons. She smiled at it. Just because she didn't like Fitz anymore didn't mean she didn't like the color teal. She unwrapped the package to find a cute Woolly Mammoth Toy.

"I thought Ella might want a friend." Fitz said, smiling at her.

Sophie thanked him and told him how much she loved it before picking up another present. It was from Tam and Linh.

She lifted the package of candies out of the yellow bag and smile. "Thank you guys. This is wonderful,"

She then looked at the last present. It was wrapped in a kaleidoscope of colors and a white bow on top. She opened it to a circular box and when she open that, she found a small, clear, orb with red and blue painted all over it.

"What is it?" She asked Keefe.

Keefe blushed at the question. "I was doing some research and found out that there are these thing humans buy. They're called, 'Wishing Balls'" He explained. "Except I made it and painted it by myself. Now whenever you need to wish, remember, or jot down a bad dream, you can slip it through this." He pointed to a small hole at the top of the orb.

"I love it!" She announced.

She gathered her presents and fitted them into the biggest box--Biana's box--and thanked all of her friends.

Sophie had great friends.

She honestly didn't know what she'd do without them.