3

~Aaliyah's Pov~

After a few minutes of Daryl and I staying alone, him calming me down we went back to the rest, started moving once again, We came across a swamp, we saw some walkers sticking out of the water. "We have to be careful. We could do this." Rosita said looking at the water too. "We push through. Clear a path for the others." Daryl said. "Count me in. I'll come." "I'll go" people started coming together. "If i could have a crossbow-" Daryl cut Dwight off. "You cant. You'll stay right there." Daryl said. I looked at him and swallowed the lump in my throat. 

He gave me a reassuring nod, i returned it.  "Let's go, Get this done." He said and the group walked in the water, clearing a path for us. The woods was the safest place for us right now. The Saviors were looking for us, we couldn't take the road. After a few minutes. Walkers started showing up. "Who wants to help me take care of that.?" Tara asked. I put my gun away and took out Carl's knife. I looked at it and twisted it in my hand. I walked over to where the walkers were. Tara pulled out a knife and tossed it to Dwight after no one spoke up. But to be fair, she didn't really give people time to respond.

"Congratulations. You just volunteered." She said and walked over to him. He picked up the knife and we went to take care of the walkers. I followed them too. "You can cover me with a knife." Dwight said after killing a walker. "I could, but i'm covering you with this.. Last one." Tara said. "You sure you don't want it?" Dwight asked her. "Waste a bullet? No thanks." She said. I took down the walker and let the body fall. "I'm sorry about Denise. I truly am." He said as we kept walking. I walked in front of them, "I don't expect you to forgive me. Don't deserve it. I just wanted you to know, that's all." he said as we all walked.

Tara pointed the gun at Dwight. "Put the gun down." i said. She ignored me and kept it up. Dwight put his arms up. "You should have stayed with the Saviors." She said. Dwight dropped the knife. I twisted the knife again as i looked at her. "I hate them. I hate Negan." Dwight said. "I don't care. You don't get to switch sides and make it okay." She said. "I know i don't. I never will." He said. I stood in between them. "Get out of the way Aaliyah." She said. "You're really gonna kill him like that? He's hurt and unarmed." I said looking at her. She looked at him. "I have to do this." She said. "You can't. Stop it Tara. This won't help you feel any better." I said. "Yes it will. Get out of my way," She said.

"And if i don't? What are you gonna do? Shoot me?" I asked tilting my head the slightest. "Shooting him will make me feel a hell of a lot better." She said shooting the tree, missing his head. He ran and she went after him. I groaned frustrated and put the knife away. I went after them and finally pulled out my gun. They stopped running and i hit Tara's arm and put my hand on the silencer. Pointing it at my stomach, away from him "Stop it Tara." I said looking at at her. "Get the hell out of my way." She said. I shook my head still holding the gun. "No." I said looking at her. 

We heard voices and hid quickly in the bushes, looking to see who they were. People came out with guns, It was a small group of Saviors. "Walk that way, cut through there." A voice said. Dwight got out of the bushes and stopped them. He led them away from us and the swamp. I looked over to see Rosita looking at both of us. I stood up straight and so did Tara.  "What were you doing?" Tara asked looking at her. "Came to check on you. Saw you go after him. Saw her go after you." Rosita said looking at me. "Why didn't you try to stop me." Tara said. "Because she did. But then, no one could stop me." She said and walked back. We followed her back to the rest. Daryl came up to Tara. "I told you to wait!" He yelled in her face. "For all we know he could be telling them everything! Negan could be on his way here right now!" Daryl yelled.

He was pissed, "He isn't. He won't. He led them away, they were coming right for us and he saved us." Tara said. Daryl looked at me and shook his head. "And you-" Rosita cut him of. "She only went after her because she went after him. She stopped Tara." Rosita said. Our eyes were glued to each other. "And Tara's right, I saw it." Rosita said. He finally looked away from me and walked to Tara. "I don't give a damn what he did. He could stick with them." he said angrily as he paced back and forth.  "He could come back! Hell he can run! When I find that son of a bitch-" I cut him off. 

"Daryl." I said looking at him. He stopped and looked at me. I looked at Judith and back at him. He looked over to see what i was looking at. He saw her and stopped yelling, he stopped cursing. "cmon." He said angry and took off again. We followed him through the swamp. And after a while of walking. We finally made it to the Hilltop. Daryl held Judith as we walked through the gates. We saw Carol rushing over to us along with Enid. Maggie shortly came over. They looked at me. Daryl told them what happened. About Alexandria and Carl. I walked away not wanting to be bombarded with people.

I knew if that happened i would have ended up crying all over again and i didn't want to anymore. Maggie came to check in on me, She stayed with me for a while and gave me comfort too, i ended up crying again. I didn't even know i could cry this much. I really haven't cried like this in years. But after that, I isolated myself once again. I sat on the benches alone, towards the back of this place. I pulled out the letter and looked at it. I looked at my name written on the front of it. 

My heart started racing once again and i looked at it. I kept on telling myself to open it, to read it. But i just couldn't do it.  As much as i wanted to, i couldn't. I put the letter in my pocket and hit the table a bit. Angry with myself. I could have saved him. A sob escaped my mouth and i covered my face.

It felt like i couldn't breathe. I felt arms around me. I didn't know who it was so i pushed them away and stood up. I looked up in tears to see Daryl. He looked at me sadly. "i'm- sorry." i said chocking on my words. "It's alright.." he said shaking his head. "You uh.. you wanna be alone.?" he asked. I shook my head going to him, I hugged him trying to calm myself down. I was angry and hurt. And i didn't know what to do with that i was feeling, it was a new feeling for me and he knew it too. 

Carl was the first person that i've ever loved the way i did. This wasn't like losing family, Of course you loved them but this was a different type of love. A different type of pain and i didn't know how to deal with it.