43

I feel like since Dante was messing so much with Siddiq, maybe i should add that he messed with Aaliyah too?? Idk, maybe so could keep them both in check? Like he makes them both question what was going on? Idk i might add some little things.

~Aaliyah's Pov~

"What the hell happened to you.?" I looked up to see Daryl walking up to me. I shook my head looking at him. "Daryl there was no way those herbs could have ended up in there." I said. He finally reached me. "I was with Siddiq when he backed that bag- i double checked those bags. That jar- It wasn't in the bag." I said looking at him. "Don't matter no more. He's dead." he said. "He wouldn't be dead!-" i said and sighed looking away from him. I looked back at him. "We needed him for answers. He wouldn't be dead- that makes no sense unless he changed out the herbs." I said.

"Dante.? Why would he do that.?" He asked. "I don't know- But that's the only way-" He cut me off. "Mistakes happen." he said. I shook my head. "But i saw-" He cut me off. "You're been workin' your ass off. Ya'll were probably tired. Mixed 'em up." He said. I shook my head and looked away holding my hand up, and pointing a finger up. "We didn't. I didn't mess up. I double checked." i said looking at him, shaking my head. He put his hand on my fist and held it. "Hey." He said. I looked at him, "He killed him." i said looking at him as my voice shook.

I wrapped my index finger and thumb around his thumb. "Why would he kill him.?" I asked. "You're tired." He said. I shook my head. "No." i said shaking my head. "You are. Just- take a shower and sleep. Go home." He said looking at me. "No- but-" I said shaking my head looking at him. I looked away confused. "Cmon." He said letting go of my hand then putting a hand on my back. I dropped my arm and looked forward. "Move," He said softly and nudged me. I started walking. "That makes no sense." I whispered furrowing my eyebrows. He looked at me, "Why're you all wet.?" he asked changing the subject for me.

How did he even get the herbs to the whisperer? Maybe when he went to see him with Siddiq the first time? "Huh.?" Daryl asked not taking his hands off my back. I looked down and squeezed my shirt, water hit the floor. He stood in front of me and put his hand under my chin. He made me look at him. "You're tired? Alright? Wasn't your fault." he said taking his hand away from my face. I nodded hesitantly. "I'm tired." I said softly, He nodded. ".. Yeah." he said and put a hand on my back again. He took me all the way home.

We walked inside and i sat down on the high chairs in the kitchen. "Why're you wet." He said going to the closet we had down here. "Um." i said as he came to me. He wrapped it around me and i hugged myself with it. "I saw Siddiq jump in the lake." I said looking at him. "I went after him." i said. "Why'd he jump.?" He asked. "I don't know." I said looking at him. He nodded a bit, "Take a shower. I gotta go take care of somthin'. We'll talk later. Aight.?" He asked looking at me. I nodded a bit. "okay." i said softly. He nodded again. "Alright." He said in the same tone. He rubbed my arm then walked out of the house.

~Later on that same day~

I took a shower, slept for about an hour and a half, almost two before i woke up. I couldn't go back to sleep, so i was just laying in bed, looking at the ceiling. There was a knock on my door and i looked over. ".. Yeah?" I asked. The door opened and i saw Daryl there. "Lydia's stayin' at Carol's." He said keeping his hand on the door, tapping on the door frame. I sat up slowly and backed up, sitting crisscross. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

He walked in, left the door open a bit then sat down at the edge as he moved some hair out of his own face. He looked at me and i looked at him too. We didn't speak though, he looked away from me then down at his shoes. "What's been goin' on with you.?" He asked. I looked down too, at my sweats. "Seem's like-" He said and looked at me. I didn't look at him though. "-every time we talk is a damn knife fight." He said looking at me. I pulled on one of the folds on the sweats. "You pregnant or sum? Your hormones all-- crazy and shit.?" He asked. I smiled a bit, not showing my teeth, causing him to smile a little too.

I looked at him and rested my head on the head of the bed, "No." I said softly, He kept a small smile on his face. "Then what." He said. I licked my lips a bit and looked back down, my smile faded and so did his. ".. you scared or sum..?" he asked. When i'm scared i don't really know how to deal with it, i don't like being scared. Ever since this whole threat with Alpha came along and the way she killed all those people, my friends. Some of them i considered family, i don't know how to deal with fear. I channel it into anger.

"I know ya tired, but you ain't a bitch when you're tired. Only thing i can think of is that you're scared." He said. "No." i said denying it. "You are." he said softly. I looked at him, "You takin' this shit out on me ain't fair. I haven't done nothin' ." He said. "Yeah you have." i said looking at him. "What'd i do." He said giving me a look. "You're meeting up with Apha.. You're going after her." I said. "I had to." He said. I nodded, "Yeah, but you're leaving me here. You're leaving me alone and i worry when you're out there and i'm not with you." i said. "I come back." He said looking at me. "Until one day you wont." I said softly, almost whispering.

I swallowed the lump in my throat then looked down at my sweat pants again. "That can happen, in a second. And i wont see you again.. Ever." I said as my heart raced a bit, I furrowed my eyebrows a bit. "You can't think like that." He said not taking his eyes at me. "But i do, I hate when you go out there and you leave me here.. My anxiety goes through the roof when you're away from me. And what makes it worse is that i know where you're going and that scares me more." I said. "I aint takin' you out there when i do those runs." he said shaking his head. I nodded looking at him, "I know, that's why i'm scared." I said. He shook his head, "I don't know what to tell you, I'm doing this to keep you safe, to keep 'em safe." He said. I nodded. "I know." i said looking at him. He shook his head a bit.

"Don't wanna fight no more. It's for no goddamn reason. I ain't your punching bag." he said looking at me. I looked away a bit. "okay," i said softly. "Alright.." he said and got up, he looked at me. "We good.?" He asked. I nodded licking my lips a bit. "Yeah," i said. He came to me, kissed my head then walked to the door. "Hey." he said. I looked up at him and he shook his head. "People die. That guy, it ain't on you." He said. I kept looking at him. "Don't beat yourself up." He said then walked out.