6

Smile my loves!❤️❤️

~Aaliyah's Pov~

The Saviors were coming to Hilltop, We were getting ready, preparing for their arrival. There were a few people outside, and other guarding the gate and the fence. The rest of us were inside the main building. I was with Maggie at the balcony, we've been waiting on Jerry's signal. Daryl was out there with Rick, but now i knew why. We were all gonna fight them and we had a perfect plan.. Hopefully it goes as we want it to go. We saw Jerry Signal. 

"Here we go." Maggie said and looked at me. "Go inside, tell everyone to get ready, get the saviors up here." She said. I nodded as she pulled out her radio. I walked inside and looked over the railing. "Get ready," I said. They all looked up at me. "They're close by, everyone take your positions." i said as i made my way down the stairs, everyone started getting their guns and going to their posts. "Saviors. Come with me." I said looking at them. "Why would we do that." One of them said, he had long hair. I pulled out my gun and took the safety off. "Move." I said. "Let's just go." One of them said walking up the steps. They all followed and i checked if their restraints were still on properly and they were. I led them up the stairs and outside where i saw Maggie talking through the radio. 

Maggie turned and saw me walking up with them. "Your 38 people are alive and breathing. Turn around and let us be and they stay that way." Maggie said and looked in the distance, i saw a couple of trucks in the road but they were just there, not moving. Which means the nails we put there to punch their tires worked. "But if you don't. I have 38 bullets that i will personally fire all 38." Maggie said. She turned to me and gave me the radio. I held it up to the one that backed away from us. I clicked the button. "It's too nice a night to end it dying slow, Don't you think Simon?" The guy asked. I gave the radio back to Maggie. "So how's this gonna go?" Maggie asked. 

"Well, Maggie Rhee. This is highly regrettable but the way I see it, The Saviors you're in possession of there. Are damaged goods. Yeah they've got themselves into their own pickle. And this organization tries as those who A) avoid capture and B) figure out their own shit when the outcome eventuates. When in the end is my way of saying. Screw them!" Simon said. "What a group you got there, I can see how much they care about you guys." I said sarcastically to the guy that spoke earlier.

He just looked at me and then looked away licking his lips. "Did you really think that play would work?" Gregory asked Maggie. "It will." Maggie said. In the distance we heard Gunshots. I turned around, My back now facing the Saviors. We also heard a motorcycle. Daryl was back. He came inside and the school bus blocked the entrance, Causing the car to crash into it. "Now!" Maggie called out. Everyone started shooting at the Saviors.

But then we saw that arrows were being fired from the outside towards us, hitting our people. Maggie pulled me down quickly behind a pillar. "Take the prisoners back to the office. Hold them there until it's done." Maggie said. "I know we can fend this place. I want to. Please Maggie. You think i have a reason to be loyal to these people.?She's right. They don't give a crap about us." Alden said. "Cmon." i said and grabbed his arm. I pulled him inside and i led them to her office. "Keep them inside." i said to some of the people that were in here, some of them were on posts and others were protecting the families. "I got it." I looked over to see the guy that saved me from the Savior back in the woods. I nodded at him. 

~Morning~

We ended up getting rid of the Saviors, they fell back and went to the Sanctuary. Right now, it was all hands on neck, We were all burying the bodies, moving cars, taking care of the wounded. Just getting this place cleaned up in general. I went upstairs and looked for an empty room, and i ended up finding one so i walked in and closed the door behind me. I got on the bed and sat down once i pulled out the letter that Carl wrote for me. I looked at it for about a minute as i debated. I unfolded it once and saw the writing overlapping, it was kind of a long letter. 

I shook my head and unfolded it completely. I skimmed through the words, not reading it but looking at the writing.. My heart was racing once again. I had to read it. I was already here, and i already opened it. 

Aaliyah,

If you're reading this. It means I'm dead. This was one of the hardest letters to write, the second one. The 1st one was my dad's. I remember the first day you came into my camp, the first time we kissed. The first time i felt feelings for you, it was at the prison. The first time i said I love you, i was holding you in my room. If i didn't get to tell you how it happened, it happened when we found Siddiq. When i got pinned by the walkers against the deer on the floor. When we got back home, I spent the day with you and Judith. You were okay, nothing happened to you when we were out that and that's all that matters. Don't be mad that i didn't tell you, I just didn't want to see you sad. I didn't want to see you cry knowing that it was probably the last time i was gonna spend a normal day with you. So i didn't tell you because i didn't want it to be different. And i'm glad i didn't tell you, we had a good day. It was fun and when i was with you, i didn't feel scared. You made me forget that i was bit. I need you to read carefully.. Keep going. Keep fighting. Don't give up, everYou have to promise me you won't give up. Know that i'm still with you. Don't forget that i'm still with you. I got you the ring for a reason, keep it on you as a reminder that i love you and i'm with you. You have to keep fighting, You're so strong Aaliyah. Don't forget that. If you feel like what ever you have to do is wrong, If somethings holding you back. Don't do it. 

I wasn't kidding when i said i had a vision of us. in the future. It was over. This was over. We got through it together. We had a home together. I wish i would have been able to tell you this in person, but i couldn't now you know. I wrote this because I wasn't sure i was going to make it. 

One last thing. I wonder if this would have happened. Do you think we still would have met out there? Before this? Maybe in High School, Collage? At the park? A cheesy moment when you drop something? I bump into you? I think we would have... I wouldn't want to miss out on meeting you.

I love you, 

Carl Grimes.