31

Hope someone got to see your smile today!! Love you! ❤️

~Aaliyah's pov~

We were still walking through the woods, We've been walking for a while. But we came across Siddiq, he was tied up against a tree, a shirt over his mouth and he had blood on his face.

We ran to him and i took out my blade, cutting the rope that was holding his wrists together. "What happened?!" Michonne asked as she helped him up. He pointed over the ridge terrified. Catching hid breath. We walked over seeing something.. I wasn't sure what it was. But the more we walked, we saw they were heads on sticks.

My heart stopped and i gasped noticing the face in front of me was Tara. I took a step back and looked down the row. They were people from Hilltop. I saw Enid's head on one of the pikes and looked at her in shock. "No-" i said softly. I kept looking down and at the end of the row i saw Henry. "No! No!" Daryl said running to Carol. "Don't look." he said pushing her away from facing him. I looked back to Tara and my heart broke.

Out of all of them, she's the person i've known linger along with Enid and Henry. I covered my mouth with my fingers as tears fell. "Just look at me." Daryl said holding Carol back. I started catching my breath slightly as i looked at them all in shock. "Holy- shit.." Jackson said recognizing some of the people on the pikes. I kept looking back and forth between Enid and Tara in shock. There were 10 heads in front of us and it was horrifying. Seeing the people we love like this.

They didn't even kill them, they let them turn into walkers. They wanted us to feel this. I furrowed my eyebrows again and more tears fell. The rest started moving, and stabbing them in the head, finally killing them. I kept looking at Tara, who was the one in front of us. They were all pale, their eyes were lifeless. Gray. They've been like this for a while, no doubt about it.

Blood ran down her forehead and hit her eye. The rest stared moving, we didn't know what to do but leave them. There was nothing to do. I stayed standing there. Looking at Tara in shock. "Cmon.." Jackson said pulling my arm a bit. I budged the slightest but i kept looking at her. "Stop looking." He said and stood in front of me. He put his hands on my shoulders and turned me around, putting his hand on my back and giving me a slight push.

I started walking and i swallowed the lump in my throat and let out a breath i didn't even realize i was holding in. How were we even going to tell the people back home..? How were we going to explain this to them? I looked at the floor, we were all quiet the rest of the way back.

~Later on that same day~

We got everyone together. Earlier today, The people that were still here and Siddiq told everyone how it happened. How they all fought back together.I looked inside and i saw it was completely empty. I walked over to the theater and looked inside, It was empty so i walked inside and went all the way to the front. These people were insane.. How could someone do that.? Literally decapitate someone and put their heads on pikes. And the thing is, she wanted us to see it. She wanted us to see all of them the way they were. Heads on their pikes, dead. 

I sat down on the first chair on the corner, i put my head in my hands and closed my eyes. But all i saw was their faces, their heads on those pikes so i opened my eyes again not wanting to see that image any more. I heard the doors to this place open then close. "Thought i saw you come in here." I heard Daryl's voice Echo through the theater. I didn't move, i stayed with my head in my hands. I was barely starting to process. It just caught up to me. He sat down to my right and just looked at me. "Hey," he said putting putting a hand on my knee and moving it side to side. I took my head out of my hands and he took his hand off my knee. I looked forward, not at him. I looked at the sheets that were hung up, tonight they were showed a movie and they used the sheets as the screen. 

He reached out and held my hand. I looked a our hands and held it back. "You need to say somethin'." He said. I shook my head a bit. "What are we gonna do?" i asked softly. He looked over to me. "Don't know.. Too soon to speak." he said. I finally looked over to him, he looked at me too. "They're dead Daryl." I said shaking my head. He got up and looked at me. "Do you know- the only thing on my head since i saw them. Since i saw their head on the pikes." I said as my voice shook towards the end of my sentence. I shook my head as i felt tears well up in my head. 

"What if one of them was you." i said as a tear fell. He looked away from me but he kept on holding my hand. "When Alpha took you i thought you were dead. What if when i crossed up that hill you were one of them." I said looking at him. "Nothin' happened." He said looking at it. "But something could've." I said as my voice shook. I stood up, letting go of his hand. He looked at me and i ran my hand through my hair and shook my head. He got up too and i looked at him. "I can't lose you." i whispered as i looked at him. "I know." he said. I kept looking at him and i shrugged a bit. 

"I felt like when you walked away with her, that was gonna be the last time i saw you." i said as my voice cracked. He stayed quiet and just looked at me. "It wasn't." he said. "it could've been. In a second- it really could have been." i said shaking my head as another tear fell. He shook his head looking at me. "Ever since you got back, I try to stay close because i'm scared and you keep pushing me away." i said, my voice cracking again. "I feel safe- the only time i feel safe is when i'm with you and you keep pushing me away." i said chocking on my words. He looked around then pulled me in for a hug. "..Sorry." he mumbled holding me.

I closed my eyes and buried my face in his shoulder as i held him. He held me closer. "I love you." I said softly. "Shut up.." he said. "No, shut up and take it." I said sniffling slightly. He shook his head sighing, "I'm ain't sayin' it back." He said. "I know, i don't care. I already know you do. You're too stubborn to say it." i said pulling away. "let's go outside." he said as i wiped under my eyes. "I just got here," i said. "Don't care." he said putting his hand on my back and nudging me a bit. We walked outside. 

"I gotta go talk to Carol." He said ad we reached outside. "Don't go back in there." He said looking at me. "I want to be alone." i said looking at him. "Too bad." He said closing the doors. "Go talk to Jackson." He said and walked away. I shook my head looking at him as he walked. He turned to me and i smiled a bit. He smiled and i flipped him off. "Go." he said chuckling a bit. I shook my head giggling. I haven't seen him full on smile in what feels like forever. He turned around and i did too.