18

Smile Smile Smile you cuties ❤️

~Aaliyah's Pov~

Everyone came back that went on the run. I stayed here helping out while the rest went out to gather supplies for a fair that was happening at the Kingdom soon, Alexandria and Hilltop were coming together and Meeting at the Kingdom. This whole day, I've been taking care of Gracie since Aaron was one of the people that went out there. "Hi daddy!" Gracie said and took off. "Hey!-" I said going to her quickly and held her back. She stopped running once i put my hands on her shoulders. "Stay stay with Aaliyah. okay?" Aaron said holding his arm up. I nodded looking at him. "Why don't you go play okay? I need to go see what this is about." I said looking at her. She nodded. "okay baby." I said kissing her head. She took off over to some other people and i walked up to all of them. 

"Michonne wont like this." I said. RIght on cue, she came on her horse walking up to the new people. "You wanna tell me what this is.?" She said looking at the girl with blonde puffy hair. "Five unknowns. All clean. One headed to the infirmary." He said. Michonne looked at all of them. "You sure they're clean.?" She asked after patting down the woman with tattoos. "They're whistle worthy. Clean as a-wise." Eugene said. "They surrendered their weapons willingly and submitted to a standard frisk procedure." Eugene said. "Then why are they here.?" Michonne asked.

"My call." Aaron said. "It's not your call to make." Michonne said. "I decided." Judith said looking at her. Michonne and I looked at Judith. "They needed help." Judith said looking up at us. Michonne took a few steps closer to her. "Judith you know the rules. You all do." she said as she looked at all of us. "Thing is, they're here now. And one of them's badly hurt. Siddiq's checking her out but look.. No disrespect but maybe their fate is something we should decide together." Aaron said. "It'll be dark soon. First thing tomorrow we can bring them before the council for a vote." Gabriel said.

I looked at the people. I don't know if we should take anyone else in after what happened.. It was hard for us to open our doors to strangers. "Okay. Put them in holding." She said and walked away. They took the new people to holding, I started walking back to Gracie.  "Aaliyah," Judith said walking up to me. I turned back and looked at her. "Can you convince her? They're not bad people. I want to help them." She said looking up at me. "We don't know that," i said as i looked at her. "You know what happened last time we let people in Judith.." i said shaking my head the slightest. 

"That was different. Please." She said holding my hand. "At least talk to her." She said. I nodded a bit. "Okay, I'll try. But i can't promise you anything." I said. She nodded smiling and she hugged me. I hugged her back and smiled softly. "I think it's time we let people in again. This is a safe place, we should be able to share it with other who need it." She said. My smile grew. "I agree," i said softly and rubbed her back. "I'll talk to her, then i'll come back to you, okay?" i asked. She nodded looking up at me. I nodded. "okay, I gotta go take care of Gracie," i said. She nodded. 

"Thanks Liyah." She said. "No problem," I said softly and she took off. I went back to Gracie and took care of her until Aaron came back. 

Michonne became distant and her mood has changed a lot. All caused by Rick's death. "Look" she said holding it out to me. I took it. "Kinda looks like dad doesn't it?" She asked as we walked. "Yeah," I said softly and handed it back to her.

~Later on that same day~

I was in my room, sharpening my knife. It was getting kinda dull. As i sharpened it, i thought about Daryl. I wanted to see him, i wanted to go out there. He's been at the bridge, trying to look for Rick's body but he's had no luck. I don't know if he was still looking or he was just out there now because he liked it. But like i said, i haven't seen him in a really long time. There was a knock on the door. "Yeah," I said and stopped sharpening my knife. The door opened and i saw it was Judith in her Pajamas.