19

~Aaliyah's Pov~

We were heading over to the water towers, they were pretty far from Alexandria. We were gonna set up a radio to get better signal, to make it stretch out some more. Earlier, we saw footprints on some dirt that was on the road, it looked like hundreds, it was a big heard but luckily for us, they were going in the other direction so we were in no danger. Right now, Eugene was up on the water tower making sure we got some signal from the radio he was setting up. Rosita and I were down here, waiting to see if it would work, to see if we would get a signal. There was static down here from our walkie and i smiled. "There we go." I said. "Looking good Eugene!" Rosita called out as we looked up at him. I gave him a thumbs up and he returned it,  "I'm coming down!" He called out.

"Ro! Herd!" We hear Eugene from up above. We looked to see a herd of walkers making their way directly towards us. There were a lot of them. "Get your ass down! Now!" Rosita called out, I looked up to see Eugene making his way down to us. "Lets get the horses." She said. We were about to head over when we saw the horses start to freak out then they broke free and took off running. I shook my head. "Great." I said as we saw them run. "Shit. Cmon." said running to the wagon. We grabbed some of the things we grabbed since we obviously weren't gonna be able to pull the wagon. I put a bag around my shoulders and she did the same but we heard a scream and a thumb from behind us. We looked over to see Eugene on the floor with his hands on his knees. 

"Eugene!" Rosita said as we ran over to him. "My knee." He said holding it. We saw the ladder was down, he either fell or he jumped. "Can you put weight on it?" Rosita asked. "Let me see," I said putting my hand on his knee, "That's a seriously painful negative." He said. I felt the joints in his knee, I shook my head. "It's just dislocated. But we can't take care of it here. We need to go." i said as i looked over, The walkers were getting closer and closer to us, we were outnumbered. "Stay here." She said running back to the wagon. "Cmon." I said as i helped him up. "Herd musta flipped a hard core "U" on the DL." He said looking at them. 

He groaned as we slowly made our way over to Rosita. She came back running with a shovel. "Use this as a crutch. Cmon," She said and we took off. 

~The next day~

We've been for hours. All we've been doing is running, we ran all night xtrying to get away from this herd. No joke they've been following us this whole time and Eugene being hurt wasn't helping us. We were slower and far from Alexandria. We've had no time to rest, no time to drink water. We were exhausted as hell. "Cmon!" Rosita said as we ran, Eugene was behind us. "How the hell are they still following us." I said looking at her. "I don't know- they just keep coming." She said out of breath. They were getting closer and Eugene stopped, he leaned up against a tree. She went to him and grabbed him by his shirt. "They're catching up. Let's go." Rosita said looking at him. "We have to hide- It's the only way we'll lose them." I said out of breath as i made my way over to them both.

"I'm holding you back. I cannot keep on keepin' on. 'll gladly distract the dead while you two vamoose- But there's somethin' I've been working up the testicular gravitas to tell you." he said looking at Rosita. "We're not leaving you behind." I said shaking my head. "Shut up! Don't make this weird! We are making it! Cmon." she said pulling Eugene off the tree. "Now!" She said. We ran. "There." She said. We slid down this small mudslide and leaned up against the dirt wall. Rosita shoveled some mud and threw it on us. 

Quickly, we covered ourselves in mud. Our faces and bodies until we were completely covered and blended in to the mud. We waited and after a few seconds, They slowly started passing by us. "Where..are..they..?" A voice asked. My heart was racing at the fact that there were a lot of walkers passing by above us. And that i heard a voice. But it wasn't any of us 3. From the corner of my eye, i saw Rosita cover her mouth. 

"They must be close.." i heard another voice I furrowed my eyebrows and gasped slightly as i caught my breath shakily. There were voices above us. Was it the walkers?!  I felt a hand on my arm and i looked over to Rosita. She was already looking at me, holding holding a finger up to her lips. "Shh," She mouthed to me. I looked away from her and covered my mouth too. That means she head it, i saw the same look in her eyes that i had, she as confused and scared. She heard the voices. "Don't let them get away."  Another voice said. I looked up slowly and saw they were still passing by, it was a lot of them.. 

I looked back down and we heard different whispers, different voices. Both male and female. I shook my head slightly as the noise faded, they were starting to pass by us completely. Once they were gone we got up. "D-did you hear that? Did you hear voices?" i asked as we scrubbed the mud off of ourselves. "Y-yeah." Rosita said nodding. Eugene grabbed the shovel and we started moving. He looked to scared to speak. "We need to find somewhere and rest- we'll go back in a few hours just to make sure they're completely gone." I said as my voice shook slightly. "I think i saw a house, or a barn back there- we can rest for a bit there." She nodding. We all agreed. "What'st the closest place? Where are we closer to.?" She asked.

"I think- Hilltop." i said as i looked around, "Hopefully we're not to far off.." i said as we made our way to the barn/house she said she saw.