25

~Aaliyah's Pov~

Daryl got Dog to sniff out one of Henry's shirts, to see if he could find him in here. He led us to the back, where we had supplies. "Good boy." Daryl said. We looked around. "They climbed??" i asked looking at the wall. It was impossible, it was too high up. "Probably." he mumbled and started moving logs, he looked at me once he saw the one logs didn't move. he tried again and a whole section moved with it.

I looked at it confused and he lifted it. I raised an eyebrow. "Secret ladder. Should we take an adventure?" I asked looking at him. "Let's go." He said looking down there, holding Henry's shirt. "They snuck out?" We looked over to see Enid and another girl with curly hair and glasses. "Tell the others, We can track 'em." Daryl said tossing the shirt.

"You don't have to. I know where he probably took her." the girl said looking at us. There was banging over at the front gate. "Go see what that is." Daryl said looking at me. "I can get Henry and Lydia." Enid said grabbing my arm and pulling me towards Daryl, Keeping me from going. She let me go. "Nah, It's my problem. Get out of here." Daryl said as he started going down. "And Alden is mine. This is how i get him back." She said. I looked at her, Daryl looked at me then her.

"i've known Henry since he was a kid. He- likes me. I can talk to him." she said. He nodded. "Alight go." Daryl said. "Cmon." Daryl said. We went to check out what all the yelling was about and we saw that the baby was on the ground. I felt anger bubble up inside me. They left the baby just like that to get killed and ripped apart. To get torn apart by walkers. I ran back down. "Liyah!" Daryl said and came after me. We ran out the other way and we saw that Connie, one of the new people was grabbing the baby.

"Go!" Daryl said running. I went the other direction and we ran in the corn field getting rid of the walkers around her and we sent her back to the Hilltop. We went back . Daryl grabbed my arm and yanked me. "Don't do that. You can't just run off!" He said looking at me. "They left the baby! What did you expect me to do? Watch them rip it apart?!" I asked pulling away. "She got it." He said. "Yeah, what if the walkers got to both of them? Then what?!" i asked.

"Don't run off." he said again.

~Later on that same night~

The sun set already, and the sky was dark. We ended up taking the trade Alpha had offered us, Lydia for Alden and Luke. They were both okay. I was sitting at one of the benches in the back. I have been for a while. "There you are. Been lookin' all everywhere for you." I looked over to see Daryl walking over to me. "Here i am, what's up?" i asked looking at him. He walked over to me and and sat down in front of me. "Gotta talk to you." he said. "About?" i asked softly as i looked at him, He looked around and i did too, there were a few people. "Cmon." he said getting up. I got up and followed him. We went over to the barn and he helped me climb up to where he sleeps.

We sat down and he turned on the small lantern and put out the match. "I feel like shit." he said tossing it. I raised an eyebrow and sat down next to him.. He doesn't really talk to me about how he's feeling. "I know.." i said looking at him. He looked over to me "But we had to, they were gonna kill Luke and Alden.. We had no choice." i said softly. He nodded. "Yeah." he mumbled and covered his mouth. I shook my head. "You did what you had to do, It's okay.." I said sitting down next to him. I rested my head on his shoulder. 

We had a horrible childhood. Our father hurt us. "When Merle left, Before this shit hit." he said not looking at me. I kept my head on his shoulder. "I wanted to leave too." he said softly and looked down. "Why didn't you? You could've" i said playing around with the ring on my finger. "You had school. Wasn't leaving you with that asshole.. If i would've left, shit would've been worse for you. The older you got.. He gave you looks." He said. I raised an eyebrow. "What..?" i asked taking my head off his shoulder. I looked over to him. He nodded. "Why'd you think i never left ya alone.? Why i kept you close when he was drunk. Why i locked the damn doors every night.?" He asked looking at me. 

I kept looking at him. "Why i always kept you outta the house. Why we shared a room." He said. I looked away from him hesitantly. "You never saw 'em because i kept you from lookin'. That's why i stayed. For you." he said, I raised an eyebrow slightly. "Everythin' i did was for you. Up to this day. All the shit i do is to keep you safe." he said. I rested my head on his shoulder and looked down. He did the same. "I didn't know.. about before.." i said softly. "Good. Means i did my job right." He said looking around. "...Thank you.." i said softly, almost in a whisper. He nodded. "Mm.." he said and held my hand. I held it back. 

"Daryl." We heard after a few minutes. I took my head off his shoulder and we looked over to see that girl again, the one with the curly hair and glasses. "What.?" Daryl asked looking at her. "I found this in Henry's room  ." She said walking closer to us. She held out a folded paper. I took it and she walked away from us. I handed it to him and he opened it and we saw

Couldn't live with it. Went to find Lydia

Daryl groaned and folded up the paper, tucking it in his pocket. He grabbed his bow and started walking. "No- wait. You're not going after him right now." I said. "Why not." He said rushing down. "Daryl it's dark. You'll get no where." I said. "We wait till morin' he'll be long gone." He said. I followed him. "I'm going with you." I said. He looked at me. "Before you say anything, You can go but i'm gonna follow you, you tough me everything i know so best believe i'm gonna find you." I said looking at him. He looked away from me and stayed quiet. Which means that he was letting me go with him. We went to go get Tara and he said we were going out, looking for him.

We walked but we got stopped by Connie. She pulled out a small notepad and we waited. She was deaf. After a few seconds she held out the notepad.

Where are you going?

Daryl pulled out the note that Henry left and showed it to her. She started writing again.

I'm going with you.

"Nah." He said walking. She stopped Daryl and held up the same message. She nodded a bit and pointed at it. "Why." Daryl said. She wrote another message.

I can't live with it either.

She looked at me as Daryl walked away. I nodded and moved my head slightly telling her to follow us. Daryl whistled and Dog came along with us.