37

I hope you guys had a good day today! ❤

I will be posting another chapter tomorrow or later on tonight.

~Aaliyah's Pov~

I was putting away some of the equipment that we used in order to put out the fire. I heard a whistle and i looked over to see Daryl. I sighed and looked away from him, over to Cyndie. "i'll- i'm gonna go." Cyndie said. I nodded a bit and giggled. "I'll see you later." I said softly. "Alright," She said smiling at me. She grabbed the last backpack and walked away. "What do you want." I said as i saw Daryl come up next to me. I closed the door and locked it.

"Don't cross the border." he said. "I know." i said. "Then why did you. And alone." he said, i heard his tone. "Because no one was doing anything. I wanted to see what  was going on." I said not looking at him. "What if they saw you." He said. I closed up another door. "Huh!?" he asked grabbing my arm and making me look at him, turning my body to face him completely. "They didn't! And stop grabbing me!" i said pulling away from him. "You can't cross it. You understand.?!" he asked looking me dead in the eye, obviously angry.

I swallowed the lump in my throat looking at him. "Answer me." he said. "Yes." I responded. "Don't be stupid Aaliyah." he said and walked away from me. I shook my head a bit and looked around. I scoffed and  ran my hand through my hair.

~Later on that same day~

It was dark out, I couldn't really sleep. I kept tossing and turning. I just couldn't sleep, I wasn't tired. I got up, took my hair out of the ponytail it was in and grabbed my

then walked outside. Carol said that she spotted Alpha before she came back to camp with Daryl. Alpha saw Carol on her side of the border.. I walked out of camp and went to the beach. I looked down and just concentrated to see if i could hear walkers or footsteps close by which i didn't, I looked back up and walked over to a log that was sticking out of the sand. I walked over to it and sat down.

I looked in the distance, at the waves coming to shore. I closed my eyes and just listened to the water, the quiet of the night, feeling the wind on my face. It was kinda cold out here but i liked it, it felt really nice. I opened my eyes and looked at the moon. I wonder what Rick would have done if he was still here.. about this whole Alpha situation. Carl too, I feel like he'd be reckless and make a move, try to take her on. All on his own.. I shook my head a bit and looked down at the sand. I moved my feet and sunk them in the sand, watching the sand cover the tip of my shoe then i pulled my feet out.

I closed my eyes and looked forward once again, just feeling the wind hit my skin. I opened my eyes quickly, you know that feeling you get when someone's watching you..?

I slid down so i was sitting on the sand and i slowly put my hand on my knife, Slowly pulling it out and hiding it, holding it against my thigh. I looked over slowly and saw Jackson walking over to me. I scoffed, "You scared me." I said stabbing the knife in the sand. "You were gonna stab me.?" He asked. "No, i was gonna throw it at you. At your head to be more specific." I said as he reached me. "What are you doing here." I said looking up at him, "Couldn't sleep. I saw you walking out of camp." He said sitting down on the log, looking down at me. I kept looking at him. "I though you were running." He said.

"Yeah right.. My brother would kill me.." I said looking back at the ocean. "What about you.?" He asked. "I couldn't sleep either." I said. He nodded a bit and looked at the ocean too. "Are you scared.?" He asked. I looked down with my eyes, thinking about what to say. I mean obviously i was afraid, we don't know what was gonna happen. She won't give us a warning, Alpha killing our people and putting their heads on pikes was our warning. He looked down at me, waiting for my response.

I bowed my head a bit and brought my knees up to my chest slightly, My arms rested right between my stomach and my thighs. (I hope yall know what i mean.) What was she capable of doing next.? Jackson looked at the ocean, put his hands on the log and sat down slowly next to me. I licked my lips slightly and bit my lip a little. I rested my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me, I scooted closer to him, getting comfortable and he adjusted himself too until we were both comfortable. "i'm scared.." I said softly as i looked at the moon, it shimmered over the water, it looked like the water was sparkling.

"I know," he said and moved his thumb against my arm. I sighed quietly and closed my eyes.

~~~

"Hey." I heard Jackson's voice. He shook my arm a bit, I opened my eyes. "Hm-" i said opening my eyes. I realized we were still out here. "We should get back." He said. I took my head off his shoulder slowly and rubbed my eyes a bit and covered my face completely with my hands. He took his arm off me and stood up. I stretched a bit and so did he. I extended my legs completely on the sand. "Don't forget your knife." He said. I opened my eyes and looked over to see my knife still sticking out of the sand. I took it. "How long was i sleeping.?" i asked. "Around 20 minutes. I thought you'd want to go back, be somewhere less cold." He said. holding his hand out towards me. I took it and he helped me up.

I put my knife in my holster once he let my hand go. "And, you said you couldn't sleep. I didn't want to wake you up." He said. I smiled a bit and looked up at him. "Thanks," I said softly.