8

~Aaliyah's Pov~

It was the next day, Like i said the Saviors were gone. All except on, it was Alden. Maybe he really did want to stay here and change. He didn't run, he was the only one that didn't run. Right now, i was in the back  just talking to him. I've been here for a few minutes. My knees were up to my chest, I looked down at my boots and moved my feet a bit. "Times like these i wish you were here. I miss you." I said as I looked at the dirt under my boots. "I wish i could talk to you, about this." i said softly and looked at his cross. "I feel closure, for some reason." I said looking at the ring on my finger. "When i look the ring. Kind of when i look at your watch, it makes me feel the same way. It clears my head." I said softly.

I hugged my knees and looked at the rocks. "Aaliyah." I looked back to see Michonne walking up to me. "Hey," I said standing up, dusting the dirt on my butt off. She finally reached me. "Rick hasn't read his letter." She said shaking her head. "Have you?" I asked. She nodded. "Yeah, last night. I've been trying to convince him, but he just wont read it." She said. I looked away slightly. "Can you try? Please?" She asked. I nodded and looked at her. "Yeah, Yeah where is he?" i asked moving a few strands of hair out of my face. "In the house with Judith. It was the room where you were reading the letter." She said. I nodded as she looked at me. "Okay, I'll try," i said. She nodded, "Thanks." She said, I walked towards the house and went upstairs to the room. 

I saw the door was open so i walked up to it and saw Rick sitting on the couch. I looked inside to see Judith playing on the floor, but he wasn't look at her, he was looking at the duffel bag on the floor. Carl's hat was sticking out of it. I looked back at Rick and knocked on the door frame. He finally looked over. "Hey." He said sitting up straight. "Hey, Can we talk..?" i asked putting my hands together. He nodded and scooted over. I walked up to him and sat down next to him. I looked at Judith and she looked over to me too, giving me a small wave with her hand,  I returned it. "Hi baby," I said softly and gave her a small smile. 

I looked over to Rick and sighed a bit, "Why haven't you read the letter?" i asked softly, not really building up to it. He looked away from me after a second. I kept looking at him. "Why haven't you Rick?" i asked softly once he didn't respond. He shook his head. "I- I don't-" he said softly, almost in a whisper. "I read mine already, you know i did." I said nodding a bit. He looked at me and i saw his eyes were glossed over with tears. "He wrote them for a reason Rick. You should read yours, it'll help you. He wrote them because he wanted you to read it after.." i said looking at him. 

He looked away once again. I looked at the duffel bag to Carl's hat then i remembered, "I have pictures.. that Carl and I took on that day.." I said as my heart started racing slowly. He looked at me again. "You do?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows. I nodded. "Yeah, I have 3 pictures." I said nodding again. He kept looking at me. "I have one of him and I. Another one of Him and Judith and another one of all 3 of us. Him, Judith and I. I didn't know why he wanted to take the pictures but now i know why." I said. 

"He told me to hold on to the one of him and Judith until she's old enough.. He has one of us. In his flannel pocket.." I said looking away from him and at his hat, i held my tears back and so did he. "He told me to put it there." I said and bit my bottom lip slightly. "If you ever- want to see the pictures. Just ask me." i said nodding and looking at him. He didn't look at me. "I have to talk to you. Tonight.." i said softly and stood up. "But please read the letter, then we can talk." i said nodding, I walked towards the door, "Wait." He said. I stopped walking and hesitantly looked back at him with tears in my eyes.  He looked at me too. "Will you tell me.?" he asked as he stood up too. "Tell you what..?" I asked. "How it happened.." he said. I nodded slightly. "That's what i was gonna talk to you about, but i need you to read that letter first. Okay?" i asked softly as my voice shook. 

He nodded once and i returned it then out of the room, looking at my feet as i did. I felt like i could breathe again. I have to tell him about that day, About the day we went out looking at Siddiq. I'm going to tell him how he got bit, from my point of view. He has to know but i don't know, maybe it's too soon to talk about it, but i have to tell him. I have to get this weight off of my chest, the guilt that i felt. Maybe if i talk to Rick about it, i'll feel better.