1;

All the feelings I mustered up over the summer have now completely vanished.

The phone buzzed in Lucas' pocket; the same phone he hesitated to look at every day. It took him a minute, but he eventually slid the device out the back pocket of his distressed jeans. His heart slowed its pace in his chest when he read Mark's text out loud. "Outside." He scoffed to himself as he looked up and straight out the classroom window next to him.

There his blonde haired friend sat on the bench all alone. Everyone else went to their classes while usually, Mark made it just in time for the bell to ring dismissing the entire school. This time he showed up minutes earlier than that which is the only thing that shocked Lucas.

"Seniors get many of the privileges around here."

Lucas turned his head the slightest to tune in on what his classmates had to say. It was usually the same two girls he sat near who had the most to say. It was like this in all his classes. He sat in the back with the loud kids since he didn't have any friends. He did have Mark in one class but he rarely showed up so it didn't make the difference.

One of the two girls scoffed at whatever the other said. "Soyoon literally went off campus to get gourmet budae jjigae? Rich kid benefits." The two rolled their eyes which almost felt like it signaled the ringing of the bell.

Lucas was the first one out of his seat and already halfway down the hall before a minute could pass. His phone buzzed once again in his pocket which he swiped unlock with a joyful grin. "Watch out?" he muttered while pausing mid skip.

His phone was then slapped out of his hands, leaving a few of his fingers to sting. Before he could register the events, he was painfully pushed into a locker. He slid down slowly trying not to move his aching shoulder. "Ever learned to let your elders through?" His glossy eyes snapped open to look up at Taeyong. That face made his heart stop and muscles tense.

Everyone around him was laughing or giving him looks of sympathy. Lucas snatched his cracked phone up off the floor and read the contact name. "Who is lab partner?" he groaned while helping himself up.

"I'm sorry, I tried to warn you." A hand grabbed his wrist making Lucas jump back. He looked at the male's dark brown hair then his pink lips before taking his entire face into consideration. "If you don't remember me-"

"Kim Jungwoo?" the older nods as a goofy grin spreads across his face.

Lucas couldn't peel his eyes away from the other. He grew up significantly than from freshman year. He remembered him clearly. They were biology partners who could never get along. But the attempt of a warning made Lucas' heart feel warm and soft.

His phone buzzed in his hand once again but he didn't bother to check it. He knew it was Mark telling him to hurry up. The fact that he was lost in Jungwoo's eyes and couldn't find the exit only made things worse.

Jungwoo then cleared his throat snapping Lucas back into reality. "So, you and Taeyong huh? Bad break up?" Lucas became a clammy mess at that idea.

Everyone knew Lucas was gay but no one had a clue he and Taeyong were dating but Mark and Jungwoo. Lucas dropped a ton of hints freshman year that he had a crush on Taeyong. Now the next thing everyone knows is the senior had now shapeshifted into his bully.

"No! What? He's just... he's obviously-"

"Homophobic?" Lucas shrugged although he meant to give a more sure answer. "What a jerk. I hope you don't let him think there is something wrong with you?"

Lucas shook his head quickly. He then paused as if he was unsure before shaking his head again. "I'm fine. Thank-" he paused while glancing at his phone that was now vibrating back to back with calls from Mark. "I have to go. But thank you!" Lucas squeezed past the boy and headed straight for the exit.

The pain in his shoulder faded with the new emotions forming after seeing Jungwoo's face once again.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment!