12;

And the moment came when you quit

Lucas thought after a few days the gossip would die down. He wouldn't be the center of attention. The stares wouldn't follow him around the halls. It seemed the rumors waiting for him at the door and now they flood his very persona. He wished everything that he and Mark could jump in the car and leave this place. But that luxury was over.

He had to face the music and although Mark left seconds ago to take his pain medication, Lucas still felt like he was the only one in the accident.

"I heard he took control of the wheel," one group chattered. "Jungwoo said he was in the back seat. He probably kept playing around." Lucas' eyes darted to the group of girls who instantly turn away from him.

"I wouldn't do it," Lucas blurted making his voice crack. "I won't." The girls just look at him try and collect himself in the now quiet hallway. Then Jungwoo appears before him, snatching away from the intense moment. "Where's Taeyong?" Lucas says immediately.

"Why?" Jungwoo spat. Lucas' head jerked away from the older boy at the sudden harshness of his voice. "I mean, you refused to accept his apology. What do you want with him?"

"I want to know what he did to my friends."

"Nothing," Jungwoo says quickly. "He was with me ever since that day you left. He was also with me all day at school. You know, the day you and Mark decided to skip."

Lucas looked around Jungwoo's face for their matching bruise. His was now the lightest shade of purple while Jungwoo's was nonexistent. It was weird since Jungwoo's bruise looked more painful than Lucas's. "Are you... are you wearing makeup?"

Jungwoo covered his face with a small smile. "Yeah, do you like it? I wanted to look presentable for the rest of the week." Lucas couldn't help that his heart was making most of the decisions in this case.

He knew it was wrong but Jungwoo looked absolutely stunning. He was glowing and healthy looking. Almost like they didn't just lose their ability to breathe in that mortifying experience of their life. Lucas wondered why the older even bothered to make himself up though the entire school knows the situation.

"I do like it," Lucas said in a flustered tone making Jungwoo look just as Lucas felt on the inside, ecstatic. "Now... can you tell me where Taeyong is." Lucas coughed away his new found feelings and took his eyes off the male before him.

Jungwoo pulled him deeper into the boy's restroom, specifically further away from the door. "I was right there when he did it. Told your friends he had a surprise for them. They're just middle schoolers barely. He said he'd get his biggest seniors to kick their asses if they didn't leave you alone."

This news sent shivers down Lucas's spine. He couldn't believe he would do this to kids who have innocent personas and positive attitudes for everyone they meet. "What about his ex-girlfriend, Haruka. Why is she there?"

"Well someone had to replace them. But I'm letting you know that if you don't except his apology soon, he'll come for everyone around you. Even Mark."

Lucas quickly thought about it. Mark has been gone for a while. He hasn't even asked where Lucas could be. He checked his dry phone just in case and still nothing. Lucas couldn't run out of the restroom fast enough. His foot hit the corner of the door making him stumble a bit.

Jungwoo was limping right behind him to make sure he didn't do anything crazy once he saw Taeyong.

Jungwoo was texting Taeyong their current location as they sped walk down the hall. He was hoping Lucas would hurry and continue his search for Mark elsewhere so he could talk to Taeyong about the current situation. But every passing second only made Jungwoo nervous.

"Class is started a while ago," Jungwoo warned. Lucas stopped at the nurse's office and saw there was no sign of Mark getting any medicine.

"Do you think he's already got him? God, I swear I will fuck Taeyong over if he ever-" Lucas panicked while out of breath. Jungwoo put his phone away quickly before shrugging.

"You should have told me you still hung around this bitch," Taeyong was closer than Jungwoo had expected him to be. The two jump at the sight of Yoonoh and Dongyoung staring at the boys intensely. "I think you have something to tell me, faggot."

Jungwoo looked at Lucas who looked at Jungwoo. They both knew exactly who and what he was referring to.

"Accept my damn apology before you regret this, Lucas."

Lucas stood up a little straighter, not really in the mood to get as physical as he's been going on about. Lucas couldn't fight to save his life. He'd literally die before he'd try and defend himself. "Where is... uh, Mark."

"Uh, Mark is the wrong fucking answer faggot." Taeyong came towards him with his hand balled sending a rock hard fist straight to his stomach.

"Ya!" Jungwoo screamed as he tried to pull Taeyong away. Yoonoh pushed Jungwoo to the floor and Dongyoung stepped on his chest making sure he stayed there.

As for Lucas, he was hacking out a lung while clenching a hand around his aching stomach. Taeyong gave him a couple of rounds of more violent hits before Lucas finally curled over on the floor. "You've humiliated me," Taeyong kicks the weak boy in the stomach. "Rejected me," his foot collides with his abdomen again. "And replaced me." Taeyong spat on the boy.

Jungwoo started crying just looking at the blood pouring from Lucas's mouth. His vision was then blocked when Taeyong squat down to hover over Lucas's beaten body. Lucas sputtered when his eyes met the dark whole on Taeyong's face. "I'm- I..."

"Huh? What?" Taeyong screamed over him obviously not wanting to hear it. "Too late." He then stood up and requested that his bodyguards let Jungwoo go. "If you knew better, you'd leave that whore alone." They stepped over Jungwoo who didn't move until the trio left their sight.

"I'm sorry, Lucas. I'm so sorry!" He lifted Lucas's head onto his lap. The boy fell out of consciousness a while ago which just left Jungwoo to run his hands through his troubled hair.

The empty hall would soon be covered in students transitioning to the next class. Jungwoo had to find a place for them to go just for a while. The only place he could think of was home.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment!