21;

I feel like I don't have a friend in the world

alternative ending two...

Lucas tossed and turned. His decisive mind fighting him endlessly throughout the night. It was this way all the time. He couldn't even stay awake for work in the morning. But at the same time, he couldn't wake up.

"Mark, I don't want to remember the last six years of my life. The only thing I can hold onto is Kun's death. That's all I wish to regret." Mark looked at Taeyong who bit his bottom lip in frustration. "If I apologize for allowing Jungwoo and Kun to key your car will you get it in the real world?"

"That was six years ago. You're happier now, right? At least that's what your fancy little internet posts brag about. How happy you are. Without us."

"Chill, babe," Mark laughed while squeezing Taeyong's muscle arms.

"Babe? What? You two?" Lucas started to wonder why everything was resurfacing in his mind for the nth time this month. It felt like the same thing every night, but he couldn't convince himself that it was only a dream. Or maybe his inner spirit is telling him something.

"Yukhei, you didn't know?" his father blurted but he didn't care, the man appeared from nowhere.

Taeyong and Mark Just tilted their heads to Lucas like he has officially lost it and they both believed he did. "You're calling each other babe now. And Jungwoo was an amazing guy with problems. Why can't I accept this?" Lucas looked at his shaky hands as if it would give him an answer, but he found nothing. "Just... just please tell me I'm right for trying to forget."

The room was silent for a solid minute when Mark decided to speak up. "How do you know something you wish you weren't here for?"

"Huh?" Lucas looked up quickly.

"How do you know about the tape? The journal. Kun's death. You wished you weren't there for any of it. You refused to believe you were apart of anything Jungwoo did to us. For six whole years, you refused. You refused apologies and letters. Anything Jungwoo said is how it went. I wasn't surprised you married him the second you got out of that psycho house."

"Even when he tried to ruin us both," Taeyong added.

"That's true," Lucas couldn't argue. "I'll accept it, please don't hate me!"

"That wedding invitation is the first time I've heard from you in months. I was surprised to be invited. Surprised you cared about me," Mark went on anyways.

"Mark, what! I remember! I remember fighting for you. I said I would end this! Do you remember?"

"The real question is... do you want to?" Everyone turned to Jungwoo who swung in the door with an envelope in his hand. "Lucas, my love. Whispering sweet nothings in your ear is the most fun I've had all year."

And that's when he began to wake. The cream walls faded to jade until it was replaced by the silent darkness. The only thing his eyes locked on was the nightlight in the wall which burned into his pupils. He then felt something or someone grip his lower body and pull him against another body heat. He turned slowly to see it was Jungwoo behind him.

Lucas couldn't feel it, but he was smiling. "Is this going to be forever?" he whispered in the older's face.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" Jungwoo asked while smiling with his eyes closed which made Lucas chuckle lowly. Lucas pushed himself closer to Jungwoo trying to end the open space between them. In return, Jungwoo dug his mouth in between Lucas's neck and gave him a soft kiss. "I regret a lot of things Lucas but not our time together." Jungwoo released Lucas and turned to face the wall.

Lucas curled himself into a ball trying not to quiver at the abandonment of Jungwoo's cold touch.

After years with Jungwoo, he's had the same thoughts, same dreams, and same feelings. He could never tell Jungwoo his regrets no matter how many times the older asked. He could never describe his dreams no matter how vividly they paint themselves into his mind. Jungwoo wouldn't understand. He couldn't.

"I love you, Lucas." Jungwoo's words bounced out of his mouth and to Lucas's ears.

The younger closed his eyes and counted to ten in order to drift back away. Hoping he could dream of something else. Anything to delete the past. Anything to heal his burning heart.

"I love you more, Jungwoo. There's no way in the world I couldn't."

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment!