19;

Our cure for redemption is each other

Lucas pulled the car into the gas station once realizing it was barely empty of all its gas. He only had five dollars and his destination was another twenty minutes away. "Am I even going to make it?" he asked himself while entering the small convenience store. "Hello, Sir."

"Oh, yes! How may I help you?" The old Asian man rushed behind the counter ready to tend to whatever Lucas needed. The teenager placed the crinkled paper money on the counter with a smile. "Uh, yes! Number three?" Lucas nodded nervously. The fact that he had his sleeping Jungwoo in the backseat made everything about his actions more questionable. "Alright!"

With that, Lucas rushed out the store and went to put his little gas in the car. The whole time the pump ran, he stared at Jungwoo through the backseat window. The older male stirred every now and then before getting himself back comfortable. Lucas knew he would wake soon since it's been approximately four hours since he distributed the medicine.

The night sky reflected the quietness of the small town. He could even hear the birds camping in the surrounding trees. This place was too silent for Lucas's liking. He drove out of it five times faster than he drove in it.

Thirty minutes went by and Lucas could see the bright lights of the glowing building. The black letters illuminated white lights behind them making the tension in Lucas's neck feel relieved. He parked the car as far back as he could and grabbed an old water bottle from the cupholder.

"We're here," Lucas sang while opening the back door. He made sure to kick Jungwoo's phone under the seat in case he woke and tried to reach for it. But carefully, Lucas drug Jungwoo out the car and shook him a bit. When he didn't wake up that's when the water came in handy.

Jungwoo flipped out when the cool substance hit his skin. "Whoa!" he shouted while pushing Lucas off him not minding the pain shooting up his broken wrist. "Where the hell am I?" The older tried to stand up but he was still a bit dizzy. "Lucas?" he breathed out the moment he saw the boys soft face. He then rushed to hug him like they haven't seen each other in years.

Lucas hugged him back with the hand that wasn't pressed into the street to keep the two from falling. "We have to go now before your wrist gets infected or something." Jungwoo got off to look at his hand. It was now the size of Pluto. "They're expecting you," he pointed to the building making Jungwoo turn around.

Jungwoo froze at the name of the building. He seemed to be in disbelief. "Damyeon-Gun Psychiatric Hospital?" he read out loud with a voice crack. "You think I'm crazy?" His eyes glazed over immediately as his heart broke before him. "You think I'm crazy!" Within seconds he turned vicious.

"No! No! I think we're crazy! I mean, I know I am. I couldn't even realize how much you've done for me. Now that's insane, Jungwoo. Because during this whole ride I couldn't stop staring at you and wanting you or... loving you."

"Lies!" Jungwoo pushed him again. "You told me clear as day that you would never love me! You really think I'm stupid?" Lucas shook his head. "How long are you going to play me, Lucas!?"

Lucas got to his feet the moment Jungwoo did. The last thing he wanted was for Jungwoo to have that much power. "I wasn't in my right mind at that time. I brought us here so we can work on our relationship together. They said they can help me. And they can help us."