5;

I wanna be your idea of happiness

Mark is the only person Lucas knows who sets an alarm for the weekend but doesn't wake up for it. Lucas slapped the phone on the nightstand and rubbed his tired eyes. He then turned to face Mark who was almost hanging off the bed. Out of fear he'd fall, Lucas grabbed him by his arm and pulled him back on the bed. Now since the older boy was awake, he eventually got up to brush his teeth with the toothbrush he keeps at Mark's house.

It was around eleven when Mark finally woke up to do his daily routine. Lucas was already on the pouf playing Super Mario as his friend walked all in front of him picking out clothes. Let's just say it was a quiet morning as Mark slowly woke up as the minutes passed.

"What are we doing today?" Mark yawned while plopping down next to Lucas who just lost the game. He then tossed Lucas his phone since it was vibrating under his but. "Who's blowing you up, dude?"

"Lab Partner? Oh, Jungwoo." Lucas threw his phone then restarted the game. "He probably wants to talk about what happened Friday but I don't care anymore. I don't even want to think about it because every time I do I just see Taeyong's fucking face yelling at me."

Lucas' thumbs violently pressed down on each unit of the controller. Mark eventually snatched the controller away and quickly got the first place before turning the entire system off. "Then let's get out of here before my parents make me clean something."

Lucas didn't move until Mark shoved his shoulders with all his weight causing the boy to fall over. "Alright, you don't have to manhandle me. I'm older than you, remember that." Mark flipped him off and took off running out the room. "Children are so annoying!" He snatched his phone off the bed and chased after him all the way down the stairs.

"Wong Yukhei!" The two stopped at the sound of Mark's mother shouting from the living room. "I had no idea you stayed over. Mrk tells me nothing these days." Lucas glared at Mark who cheesed brightly. "I would have made breakfast for your stomachs."

Lucas bowed then shook his head. "We were going to grab a bite on the way to the... mall. Because that's where we are going." His mom sent them a subtle smile then turned back to watch reruns of her dramas. "By Mrs. Lee!"

"Drive safe, Mark. I know how you are with excitement. Always doing something dangerous on the road. God, I can never ride in the passengers with you." Lucas silently teased Mark as he rolled his eyes from his mothers scolding.

"Alright, umuni!" Mark pulls Lucas out quickly before another conversation stirs.

"I love your mother and especially her hate for your driving."

-

Lucas looked at the photo in disgust before turning away to finish his meal

Lucas looked at the photo in disgust before turning away to finish his meal. "When is the last time we took a picture together in a photo booth?" Mark only admired it. "I mean, although it is a little shitty, just a little. It still shows our friendship."

Lucas gagged.

"Now you're just being dramatic." Mark put the photo in his wallet for safekeeping. "Now what's with you and that Jungwoo kid? How did he know about you and Taeyong?" Lucas didn't really want to talk about it, but he knew Mark wouldn't let it rest if he kept it in. "I saw you two whispering in each other's ear and shit."

"We were not," Lucas defended. "And who doesn't know about Taeyong and I. Jungwoo came along to be my lab partner for this school competition and I ended up telling him everything. I should have known he was friends with Taeyong."

Mark couldn't eat his food after hearing that. Lucas didn't announce Taeyong as a boyfriend until the day before they broke up. After that, everything went downhill. Taeyong came out as straight as if it was possible, and Lucas became the butt end of every gay joke in school. It was obvious Taeyong could control the hate going around school since he was so popular from day one.

"How'd you even get a jerk like Taeyong," Mark questioned while squinting to something in the distance. "Lu-"

"He wasn't always a jerk. It was like over the summer he looked at me as his enemy. I thought I was going to meet his parents and everything but they might be just as cruel as he is."

"Lucas, it's your bodyguards from the skate park." Mark looked to be in absolute disgust as they made their way over. "It's like they're following you."

Lucas stood up and bowed as the small group neared. "No, I told them to meet me here." This made Mark stunned and not in a good way.

"Lucas! Mark!" Jungwoo shouted in their faces as Kun broke into laughter behind him. "Mark, I've always wanted to formally meet you. See if you are good enough a friend for my Lucas here." Lucas couldn't do much but smile at how Jungwoo instantly knew to get along with Mark.

Mark crossed his arms over his chest while glaring at the boy in disgust. "I'm not a good friend, I am his best friend. As for you, you walk over here like you gave birth to him and raised him as a small child." Lucas pushed Mark out of Jungwoo's face just as fast as he got in it.

"Mark, calm down," Lucas warned.

"No, it's fine Lucas. I see where he's coming from. It's been an entire summer since we even saw each other's faces and even before that we weren't good friends. I just wanted to make it up. You know, just like back when we were lab partners."

Mark scoffed through all the nonsense. "Make it up? You can make it up by not thinking one save the fucking day makes you the greatest guy in the world." Lucas rolled his eyes at his friend who was popping off wildly. Mark's hands were in everyone's face, even Kun's and he hasn't said a word yet. "Let me ask you this? You are such good friends with Taeyong and his crew, right? Why should we think he didn't put you up to this?"

Now Jungwoo was holding on to the smoke of anger in the air. "What could Taeyong possibly make me do?" Mark stayed silent as he tried to think. "Exactly. We were actually going to key his car after this." Jungwoo sends Lucas a sincere smile.

"You both are going to key his car?" Mark repeated.

"Yeah. Do you both want to join?" Kun finally added his voice to the mix.

Mark looked to Lucas who shrugged in return. "We're not going to do it. But we sure are going to watch."

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment!