3;

He bathed in it so much, he ended up drowning in it; arrogance

Lucas wasn't thinking about how Mark was right or how Jungwoo could 'save him'. The only thing on his mind was skating and that is what he was determined to do.

Although Taeyong was in his face with daring eyes, Lucas was right back in Taeyong's. He didn't know where this sudden burst of confidence came from, but he was sure it would lead to getting his ass kicked. Despite the fear on the two younger boys, Mark was posted right by Lucas' side ready for whatever.

"So are we going to stand here or are we going to skate?" Taeyong finally spoke through his twisted smile. "Because last time I checked that is why I came here. Unless you want to do something else." His eyes pierced into Lucas' which made the younger gulp. "Get on your knees."

"Wuh-what?" Lucas stepped back as images he wants to forget flash through his brain. Mark grabs Lucas by the wrist making sure he didn't follow his orders.

"And bow, bitch." This made Taeyong laugh in their faces before he motioned to a bench where his friends should settle in. "I wonder what your gay ass was thinking." Taeyong's shoulder collides with Lucas making him stumble.

Lucas looks to Jungwoo who's fist were clenched at his sides. He then releases them when Kun whispered something in his ear making him look to Lucas. Lucas quickly looked away and went back to skating immediately. He didn't have time to flounder over Jungwoo, he needed to make sure he stayed out of Taeyong's way.

"We can go at any time, Lucas. You don't have to prove anything to anyone." Mark stayed on Lucas' back like a hawk. "I don't want to have to break his pretty boy nose."

This made Lucas stop mid-walk causing Mark to slam into his back. "Then don't. Stop saying you're going to hurt him when really you'll be the first one running to your car."

Mark grabs Lucas by the wrist with much force then he meant. "I would do anything for you, Lucas. Because no one knows what you do besides me and I'm bound to never walking in on that again." Lucas couldn't look him in the eye without wanting to cry. "It still... it hurts."

Breaking the moment, Taeyong scoffs annoyingly loud. "Are you going to seal it with a kiss? If yes, do it while jumping off a bridge."

"Taeyong, is it necessary?" Sasung hissed while rolling his eyes to the obnoxious male. Taeyong laughed silently in return. "I thought this was just a school thing."

"Lucas knows I'm playing right? Right, Lucas." He responded with a nod and pulled the sleeves of his jacket down as if they could go any further.

He couldn't help but notice the older boys simply standing around as if waiting for something to happen. It made him nervous as if he was in the dark with something. Although Taeyong was geared up in protection, he and Lucas couldn't stop making eye contact with each other.

Every second Lucas stood in the same space as Taeyong is another second he wished he was locked in his dark bedroom.

Everyone jumped at the sound of Taeyong's skateboard hitting the concrete. "I have a fantastic fucking idea!" Only his friends were hyped before they even knew what he was talking about. "We're going to have a competition so I won't have to see the two of your ugly faces around here again."

Lucas looks to Mark who's eyes were piercing into Taeyong's frosting cold soul. Lucas then looked to Jungwoo not knowing he was just as nervous as everyone else wondering what's going on in Taeyong's mind.

After a while, the devious blonde continued. "Our judges will be Yoonoh and Mark just to make it fair because we all know Mark is slow as dirt. Now Kun get over here you're on my team and Jungwoo, get your ass with Lucas because I don't want losers on my team."

Jungwoo jogs over to Lucas who has been mentally wishing to keep his distance from the boy. "Hi," Jungwoo breathed out. "This is awkward, but I promise I won't let him get to you." Lucas just scoffed and stepped past the boy to get to the starting line.

"Are there any certain techniques we should be looking for?" Mark announces with much hesitation.

"Just copy what I put down and you'll be safe," Yoonoh slapped his back harshly multiple times. Mark then watched him pull out his phone and type in Taeyong's name along with everyone else. As if the competition is over, he marks Taeyong as a winner then clicks his phone off.

Mark obviously wasn't having it. He stood from his seat like some soccer mom and cupped his hands around his mouth. "YOU GOT THIS LUCAS! TWO YEARS OF PRACTICE AND YOU NEVER FAIL BUDDY!"

Jungwoo laughs at Mark's supporting side before nudging Lucas. "I got a little trick up my sleeve if you don't know. After skating with Taeyong for the longest, I'll give you his weakness."

"Hurry before we start," Lucas mumbled with his game face on. He was determined to show Taeyong out.

"Words."

Lucas didn't understand what he meant or how he could possibly use words to his advantage to a skateboard competition. But it was too late to go into deep thought about it. Dongyoung's alarm went off on his phone and the next thing was Lucas getting pushed off the edge.

Everything around him zoomed past in a blur yet the only person he saw was Taeyong flipping and killing it in the sky. Lucas' techniques were nothing likes his. He knew he would lose, so he went with his gut and listened to Jungwoo.

All the threats Taeyong's friends were throwing out while they were competing didn't top what he wanted to say. It couldn't. Yet it could either get him brutal beaten or killed if push comes to shove.

Lucas slowed his speed as he neared Taeyong and opened his mouth as wide as it could go. "REMEMBER THAT NUDE YOU SENT ME WHEN WE WERE DATING? WELL, I STILL GOT IT."

As if Taeyong was attached to a string and the master suddenly pulled it, he went flying back right off his board and into the middle of the loop. Lucas winced at the sound of the impact causing everyone to freeze around the two.

"What?" Taeyong spat while quickly getting to his feet. "What did you say you fucking faggot?" Lucas was speechless as he took large steps away from the red-faced Taeyong. "Dongyoung! Yoonoh! Beat their fucking asses!" He points and the two run for Lucas on command.

Mark flipped his board at Yoonoh making him stunned for a bit. Lucas was already too far away to catch up to as he exited the park. He looked back to see Mark on his tail with his car keys in hand. Another thing surprised him the most.

The sight of Jungwoo, Kun, and Sasung holding them off from leaving the park.

"Lucas! Reality! Get in the damn car!"

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment!