20;

I'm here to help you help yourself

alternative ending one...

Jungwoo clapped his hands in laughter once he finished his crossword puzzle before the doctor. "You're just letting me win!" he playfully accused. "I've never been good at finding words like this." The doctor disagreed with his accusations while stopping the timer.

"Since you won you have to keep your promise. Tell me one thing about your past."

Jungwoo took the time to think while pinching his chin with his index finger and thumb. He didn't want it to be too personal since it would ruin the fun of the game. But he wanted it to be good enough where he could move on to the next challenge.

"Well, I love people who are like me. You know, when I first came out as gay a lot of people stopped being my friend. So I didn't trust anyone who identified as a 'heterosexual'. So Taeyong and Kun became my good friends. Then I started realizing I didn't really like Kun that much. So I ditched him."

Lucas's mouth gaped open when he heard that. His aunt saw him and offered to turn off the mic but he insisted she didn't. "Can you turn it up?" Lucas wondered while eyeing down all the buttons.

"Nope. It has one set volume."

He groaned. "Does he know I'm watching him?"

"No. All the patients know someone is behind the mirror but they never know who. Right now he thinks your doing mental recovery for the accident." Lucas nodded and turned his attention back to the glass. "When are you planning on going back home?"

"My dad will come pick me up around two and bring me back before Jungwoo goes to bed. Did he like that shit drawing I made for him?" His aunt nods. The two of them both look at the drawing hanging above Jungwoo's bed. "How long will it be?"

His aunt looks at her nephew with a sincere smile yet pitiful at the same time. "Doctor says he still hates all your friends and he even begged for the two of you to share a room. I don't think he'll be out of here anytime soon."

Lucas flailed his arms around. "And how is crossword puzzles and making cakes doing anything for the guy?" She grabs his swinging arms as he desperately looked at Jungwoo who was smiling but he knew he was lost.

"I knew Taeyong was cheating on him for the longest. I was one of the people who listened closely yet didn't say a word. I knew all their little secrets and scandals. It killed me knowing Lucas walked around as blind as he was. If Mark wasn't going to stop it, Taeyong wasn't going to stop... then who would save him?"

"Why did you feel like that was your job?" Lucas leaned closer to the glass as if he could step through and sit down with the two. All he saw was Jungwoo's chest heaving out a sigh as the older confessed.

"I'm the one who told Taeyong about Lucas. I had this small crush on him since we first started becoming lab partners and over time it grew. Then he started talking about Taeyong and how much of a great couple they are. I was furious at Tae— I felt it. At that moment I felt something in my brain light up. And I was vengeful. Power hungry and Lucas obsessed. He was so sweet I didn't want him to get hurt."

"Then—"

Jungwoo balled his fist up and slammed them on the table making the pencils and crossword books fly. "I failed to realize I was making it worse!" He had everyone who heard him completely silent. Even the doctor wasn't making a move. His fear was strong enough being in the same room as Jungwoo.

"Lucas, you have visitors." A nurse entered the room swiftly and all eyes were now on her. "By the names Na Jaemin and Lee Donghyuck?"

"Who the heck is Donghyuck?" Lucas thought to himself while he followed the lady out of the room. "Can I ask you how Jaemin knew I was here."

"Well, they're both here with a woman who claims to be your mother."

"Umuni. Of course. Can never tell her anything."

They made it to the social area where his mother, Jaemin, and Haechan were seating. He looked around for a Donghyuck guy but he wouldn't know what he looked like in the first place.

"Lucas!" the two young ones screamed while throwing themselves on to the tall figure. Lucas was taken back by there excitement to see him. He honestly thought they forgot about him.

But his brain kept wanting to forgive them for allowing Taeyong to pay them in order to stop being my friend. "You two have some explaining to do."

"Yeah, we know," Haechan said nervously. "I mean we're kids, Lucas. We needed the money. Plus we didn't know you that well and although it hurt to do that to you and Mark-"

"We never spent any of the money," Jaemin quickly interrupted. "Both of us were too sick to touch it although Haechan" -he pointed at the male next to him- "tried so desperately to get me to do it, I knew it was wrong. So a week ago we gave it back."

"Okay you snitch," Haechan pushed him away. "We wanted to show you this video Mark made with us. He said you'd be happy to see it."

Lucas accepted the video and pressed play. Seeing the three of them tear it up at the skate park made him feel a bit better about the situation. "Where is Mark?"

"Attending school like we should be. But we begged your mom to bring us to you since we didn't know exactly where you were."

Lucas looked at his mother who was laughing with his aunt. Probably catching her up on Jungwoo's state since she wants the both of them out as soon as possible.

"That's awesome. He did exactly-" a loud siren cut Lucas off making everyone jump. His aunt then gets a call from her microphone and her face didn't look soothing. "What happen?" he shouts while running over to her.

"It's Jungwoo, he attacked one of the guards. He has a gun." Lucas wanted to make sure Jungwoo didn't do anything stupid but security was evacuating everyone from patients to visitors.

"Maybe I can calm him down!" Lucas shouted to his aunt but she was already off doing her job to ease the situation. Lucas's mother did what she could to get Lucas and the kids out but the sound of a gunshot echoing from the back of the building made time stop.

It made everything stop. His mother rushing out the door. Jaemin and Haechan standing out front. His aunt barely disappearing behind the counter. Lucas's breathing. Lucas's heart. It was like someone paused the movie so they can get popcorn right before the rising moment. Except, this moment was never going to end. it would expand for years.

Lucas will never forget the day Jungwoo shot that gun... at himself.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment!