10;

Remember when we were something close to friends

Lucas doesn't remember saying anything that could have triggered the older. He barely even remember what he and Mark talked about due to the excitement he had of just seeing Mark looking well. Lucas's day started off with intense worry over Mark's health now he's more concerned about Jungwoo.

Losing his best friend and turning into the third wheel can never be good for anyone's mental state. He wasn't even sure how Jungwoo handled himself under this kind of circumstances. Anything could have happened to his new found friend.

The first person he went to was, of course, his mother. He had to tell her that Jungwoo left the hospital suddenly in order for her to understand that now is an emergency and not some game. "Do you know where he lives?" Is the first thing he could actually understand coming from his mom's mouth after she scolded him for leaving his friend behind.

"No, I don't have a freaking clue anymore," Lucas answered while pulling at the roots of his hair with his good arm. It's been an entire year since he last went to Jungwoo's house. During that time, he wasn't paying attention to the route he just wanted to rush through the lab project and go home.

She sighed while swerving the wheel to make a sharp turn on the road. "I just don't understand how you lose the boy when you two went in there together." Lucas didn't feel like explaining the detailed part of it so he just went along and apologized. "Where does he go often?"

"I don't know that either." Lucas sunk in his seat trying to avoid the embarrassment. She stopped in front of the skate park because that was the only place on both their minds. "I'm-"

"...sorry, Yukhei? Is he even your friend or a kid you met off the street?" Lucas parted his lips to reply but his phone vibrated in his pocket making his heart skip a beat. "Yukhei, are you ignoring me?"

"No! I mean, no... Jungwoo just texted me an address. It's maybe where he is." He passed his mother the phone and her face immediately brightened at the sight. "You know there?"

The older woman nods and backs out of the skate park. "This is where Mrs. Lee and I always go to buy our kimchi ingredients." Lucas gagged immediately at the mention of the woman.

He knew better than to hate Taeyong's mother since she probably has no clue her son is a walking devil, but he couldn't help but hate the fact that his mom still associated herself with the Lee's.

They're quite rich and conservative people, the complete opposite of his family. But his mother saved Mrs. Lee's dog once he suffered a heart attack and ever since that they became drama buddies... and kimchi mamas.

But why would Jungwoo want to meet there of all places?

Lucas settled in the back quietly, making sure he didn't let his judgemental thought get to his mother. The ride was quiet which made Lucas relieved because it was what he needed.

He wanted as much silence as he could get so he could plan exactly how he would curse to Jungwoo. He wanted to say as much in little time so the boy wouldn't get distracted away. He only could imagine how epic it would be to finally let some anger off his chest, but it all changed quickly.

They arrived to the small street market sooner than Lucas hoped and the two saw Jungwoo standing next to Taeyong almost immediately. "Is that Taeyong?" His mother sounded too happy. Yet again letting her lack of knowledge of her son's life show intensely. "Tell him I said hi. I mean look at there. Jungwoo-ah is just fine."

"Yeah, thanks umuni. Sorry for worrying you." She gave him a whack to the back of the head as he left the car. "Umuni!?"

"Don't do it again is all I ask. I'll be parked over there. I'm going to look around." She drove off quickly leaving Lucas in the dust.

"This is a joke?" He heard Taeyong's voice as clear as day as he walked over to the two with his eyes glued to the ground. "You told him it all, didn't you? You told him every fucking thing. Jungwoo, I'll beat your ass for two things now."

Lucas looked up quickly hoping Taeyong doesn't lay a hand on him. Jungwoo limped over to his younger and quickly grabbed onto Lucas' shoulder to get some weight off his foot. "I'm sorry for just disappearing like that. But I thought it was really important that Taeyong told you what he told me over the phone."

Lucas couldn't believe he was talking to the abusive Taeyong while Mark was laying in the hospital bed right now grieving that he can't apologize to Jungwoo. Lucas just squinted at the two boys not even bothering to hide his annoyance. Lucas crossed his arms over the other nonetheless to listen to Taeyong.

"I asked him why he treated you so badly-"

"Treats," Lucas corrected but motioned for him to go on.

"Why he treats you so badly and he told me this... go on Taeyong."

The older of the three cleared his throat and made intense eye contact with Lucas. This caused the young boy to gulp but try and keep the strength he had in him running.

"If my dad found out about you and I he would kill me. I had to break up with you even when I found myself loving you, Lucas because... I don't have it good like you. I don't have a supportive mother or a leisured father. I have two traditional parents who are strict as hell to me. The only time I get freedom is when they're at work... the only time."

Jungwoo smiled at the hope that wasn't present in the air. Lucas just looked to the boy on his right and then to Taeyong in front of him before bursting into laughter. "Really?" Lucas coughed out from laughing so hard. "I'm falling for this because what? People know you sent me nudes? Or you're getting the shit for picking on crippled students? Which one Taeyong? Or better yet, where are the cameras?" Lucas formed his free hand into binoculars in fake search of a camera crew.

"Lucas," Jungwoo scolded while nudging the teen. "This is serious!"

"No, you want to know what's serious? I'm not accepting that. No way am I going to sit here and allow the guy who's ruined my fucking life to say a sob story about his closeted gay life and I instantly forgive him. I'm not going to act like Mark didn't just confess his pain that he killed your best fucking friend and he wants to be sincere about it because you and I both know it hurt your feelings. That's why you're mad and that's why you're doing this."

Taeyong snorted as he fought back the will to laugh. Jungwoo's mouth was on the floor due to Lucas' words.

"You want me to join your pity party of sad sob friends and leave Mark in the dirt. Admit it Jungwoo. You are the one really jealous."

"Of what!" he spat. "What does Mark have that I fucking don't?"

Lucas looked to Taeyong who was also waiting for an answer to that question. Lucas had to pull something out of his ass and quick.

"Why else did you pop out of the nowhere, Jungwoo? Why are you trying so hard to be my friend just all of a sudden... because you want me."

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment!