15;

The moment he lost his voice

  All eyes were on Jungwoo and Lucas as they entered the dull home of Qian Kun. One lady was even scowling as she eyed the cheesing Jungwoo up and down. Lucas knew it would be stupid for him to leave now. He'd hurt Jungwoo's feelings. Plus it would look bad to run away from Kun's house in front of all the people who were entering it.

Lucas stayed the only quiet person in the crowd once the whispers of disgust were slowly beginning to fade. "Why are they looking at us like that?" He approached Jungwoo who hadn't even said a word to a single one of his best friend's family members.

Jungwoo swallowed down the hors-d'oeuvres then a glass of cold water before bothering to answer Lucas. "I don't know. Probably because we were in the car with him when your good friend Mark drove us into a pole." Jungwoo chuckled to himself while looking around for something else to snack on.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Lucas grabbed him to pull him back. Jungwoo shook the younger boy off sending him a glare that made Lucas back away. "Where's the restroom?"

"Find it. I have to make a phone call." The older walked away and straight out the doors of the large home.

Lucas was getting fed up with Jungwoo at this point. Everything he thought about him was thrown out the window and replaced with pure suspicion. Lucas wanted to ask questions, but the trust Jungwoo held for the boy was too strong to risk now. Instead, he searched for a bathroom on his own and locked himself in it.

Lucas didn't have anything with him. Jungwoo told him to leave his phone at the house out of respect in case it went off, yet Jungwoo effortlessly brought his. He hasn't talked to his parents in forever and he worried Mark is out there getting his hair shaved off by Taeyong.

Lucas grew nervous by the second. "Did someone kick the heater on," he gasped out eventually turning to the window for some sort of air. What he saw out of it might be the worst thing yet. "Taeyong?" He whispered as he watched Jungwoo and his worst nightmare quietly clawing at each other's throats with their words.

The last person he expected to show up was Taeyong especially since he didn't give a damn about who died and when. Lucas quieted his thoughts and tuned in on their conversation to get the most out of this moment.

"-already, Taeyong! That was apart of the plan! This was not!" Jungwoo motioned to the area around them probably hinting at the conversation they weren't supposed to be having in front of a wake. "You're ruining everything. Do you really want your reputation to be six feet under right now? One click and it's all over."

"You said we wouldn't do this unless Haruka was here." Taeyong looked clammy and petrified. Jungwoo looked like the monster Lucas saw whenever he looked into Taeyong's eyes. "You're not keeping your word."

"Neither are you. I told you not to show up here."

"He's my friend got damn it. My real fucking friend. You didn't even like him. You used him! You killed-" Jungwoo covered Taeyong's mouth just as a loud banging made Lucas jump to the air. His foot slipped off the toilet making him crash to the ground.

"Who's in here? Who's in here taking forever!" A voice sounding like it belonged to an older lady made Lucas nervous. He fixed himself up and opened the door for the nice woman. He bowed to her and she bathed in the respect before pushing past him and slamming the door on his back.

"Mrs. Qian," Lucas called out to the woman who looked as if she wanted to run the other way. "I'm Wong Lucas. Not a really close friend of Kun's but I just wanted to give you my thoughts and prayers. I know it doesn't really do much-"

"You have some nerve walking in here with that freakshow," she spat in his face while jabbing a finger deep into his chest. Lucas stumbled back trying to figure out what just happened. "Get out of my house is what I should of told the both of you."

"No. You don't understand. Jungwoo invited me. I don't know what he did to you or your family but I have nothing to do with it."

"And who invited him?" She glared deep into the boy whose heart has frozen in its job of pumping blood.

His body felt cold all of a sudden and his skin went pale. The feeling of being lied to has now settled on him. It was a burden. "Wuh- well you did, Mrs. Qian. He told me you did?" It came out as more of an uncertainty which threw off anyone who was nearby listening. The mummers came back and Lucas felt like the odd one out since he was.

"Get the hell out of my house. The both of you."

Lucas turned to see Jungwoo right on his heel. "No problem." The older boy smiled while pulling Lucas along.

They made it to the car in a rush. Jungwoo threw a journal in the backseat making Lucas turn to look and see if it really was a journal and not a bomb. His trust for Jungwoo was not gone.

"Can you help me with something?" The question went right over Lucas's head as his eyes searched for Taeyong, but he nodded anyway. "Good. No one can see what's in that journal beside Kun. Luckily he's dead now."

Lucas snapped his eyes to Jungwoo who grinned. "Wuh- What?"

"Not like thank God he's dead. That's cruel don't you think." Now Lucas was curious as to what's in the journal. "This was his wish to me since we're good friends and all. I promised I'd burn his diary for him."

"Shouldn't that be left to Taeyong?" The sentence slipped out of his mouth like butter. He clamped both hands over his mouth as Jungwoo's turned to face him. The older's eye twitched as his mouth curved into a smirk.

"Remember all the things Taeyong has done to you? How because you wore a shirt, Taeyong was so disgusted with it that he refused to put it on... so he gave it to me." Jungwoo didn't have a heart anymore. Lucas doesn't know where it went but it left him a while ago. "Kun is the missing person in that picture and that journal is the reason."

"So you've read it?" Lucas slowed his breathing to prevent panicking and jumping out the car.

"Yeah. I also know he's pretty confident with writing out what he's done. And he's done a lot. I'm burning it because the last thing I want is for his parents to hate their dead son for sinning. I'm helping his soul rest. And I need you to do it with me."

Jungwoo's hand was shaking as he held it out for Lucas to accept. He knew the moment he grabbed a hold of that hand, he'd be signing his soul over. At least it wasn't in blood.

-

[A/N] Sooo I've completely lost track in the simple plot that I had originally planned out. I'm kind of liking the way it's going now, hopefully, you guys are too. But trust me, with the major changes it will all fit together very quickly. Jungwoo might be a 'little' crazy but like every character, he has his motive for his actions.

And please forgive me for the overloads in updates!! I'll be busy all week and probably won't be able to squeeze an update in. But this is the last one for a while :)