11;

Don't do something you wouldn't do

Instead of spending his first day back at school on the actual school grounds, he decided to spend the day with Mark until he's released from the hospital. In the meantime, Mark scribbled all over Lucas's cast as the older boy warned him multiple times not to draw something inappropriate.

"Can I put Taeyong eating a dick?" Lucas shoved his best friend backward ignoring Mark's laughter in the air. "I thought you would like that."

Lucas blinked before covering his cast back up with the blanket a nurse provided him. He didn't want to tell Mark about what happened the other day especially the dumb shit he said. His excuse for his actions was being put on the spot. Then there was Taeyong's apology that didn't include the words 'I'm sorry' but there was the effort.

Mark then looked to his best friend who seemed to be contracting back into his shell. Lucas knew the boy had questions and he didn't want Mark to pressure himself into asking. "I'll tell you but you aren't going to like it." Mark didn't flinch. "Taeyong tried to apologize and I said some stupid shit but I didn't accept it! I knew it was bull crap."

Mark simply smiled and laid himself flat on the hospital bed. "Good. I didn't raise a bitch after all." Lucas reached over to punch the younger but his parents barged in with a doctor. Their moment was interrupted.

The two boys bowed, Mark showed an attempt, as the doctor read out his condition. "You should be able to attend school tomorrow morning. I recommend you stay out of overly lit places. Your pupils haven't returned to their normal size. Bright lights increase headaches and healing time." He flipped through some more of the papers while sighing. "That should be it. Your good to go as soon as you gather your things."

Lucas looked to Mark who seemed more than happy to get the hell out of this place. "No more bland food?" Mark questioned. "Awe, I'm going to miss the tasteless mess." Lucas shoved him lightly as his dad shook his head at his childish son.

The doctor soon left leaving the family of three and Lucas to wander around the room by themselves.

"Weren't you clear for school today, Lucas?" His mother asked while digging for a mint in her bag.

Lucas cleared his throat as his eyes drifted away from Mark putting his pants on. "Uh, yeah. But I just wanted to be here for Mark when he got discharged. I made up some quick lie to the principal and he sympathized with me. Counted me excused for the entire day."

Mark and Lucas laughed at what the older said. They only laughed harder when they saw the disappointment in Mark's parent's faces. "Well, Mark. You are going to school tomorrow so don't try anything like that. Lucas is turning into a wild one," Mark's mother informed. "But you two have always been hard to handle."

"Mark, what have you always wanted since you've been trapped in here?" They gave each other a sinister smile and the other knew what the boy across from him was thinking.

-

The two skipped into the mildly popular burger place with smiles on their faces. Mark adjusted the dark shades on his face since they were falling off after all the chaos they were doing just to enter the store. "Can't wait to tell 'em," Mark clapped then rubbed his palms together. "I bet they'll say something like, our skateboards are the lucky charms or we lived because we're awesome."

Lucas's heart began to pound in his chest at an unhealthy pace. The first thing that came to mind was the thought of him having a heart attack. "Let's not refer to life or death... Mark." Lucas patted his friend's shoulder.

As they arrived to the front counter, a bottle blonde appeared before them with blue braces in her mouth that lightly covered her bright white teeth. The confusion on both their faces intensify when she asked them what they would like to order. They were almost in disbelief that someone else could work here.

Mark knew Lucas was too stunned to say a letter let alone a whole order. He leaned over the counter hoping to get a glimpse of behind the scene but the girl immediately blocked his way. "What would you like to order?" she repeats this time her smile is strong enough to show off her dimples. Although Mark was in front, her eyes never left Lucas.

"We're looking for a duo by the name of Jaemin and uhm-" he nudged Lucas who's eyes snapped from the blonde to the counter.

"Haechan," the older coughed while trying to hide his face from the stranger.

"Oh, those two? They quit a couple of days ago. Just out of the blue. No two-week notice or nothing. Boss hasn't even questioned it either. Boss as in Jaemin's father."

It took time to register what this girl just said but Mark eventually took a step back. "It's weird," Mark muttered to himself.

"Got it!" Lucas shouted causing the entire burger place to vibrate. "You're Taeyong's ex-girlfriend! The girl who was so humiliated that her boyfriend broke up with her for another guy. You dropped out of school and deactivated all the accounts."

"Lucas, stop it," Mark tried to push him back.

"Now you replace those boys. Did he put you up to this?"

"What? I don't understand what you're talking about," she chuckled at the scene of Mark pushing Lucas out the door. He gave her one last flash of his middle finger before Mark pushed him all the way out on the concrete.

Lucas pulled out his phone to text Jaemin and Haechan on their social media accounts. None of his messages went through instantly declaring that they both blocked him.

"Why would they quit for nothing, Mark? God! I didn't accept his dumb ass apology now he's threatening little kids. What the hell is this?"

"Then accept it."

"I know! It's fucking crazy- what!?" Mark shrugged. "I will not. I won't!"

"Taeyong has an army of build-a-bullies who could have done anything to make those kids quit their jobs. Probably threatened to expose them or something ruthless like physically hurting them. You know how he is. You know what he does. I say you put these kids first. Anyhow, they don't deserve it. They have nothing to do with you and Taeyong but he finds a way to drag anyone down."

Lucas didn't think about a thing. He didn't have the time since his blood was boiling throughout his entire body causing him to go into rage mode. He wanted to punch something rather than figure anything out. It wasn't a Lucas thing to do, but he was in the mood for pure physical confrontation.

"Alright," he said through gritted teeth. "I'll accept whatever the heck he calls an apology. But how does that get Jaemin and Haechan back their jobs?"

"I don't think they're going to want them back. Not with Taeyong knowing their location."

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment!