18;

It was louder when you were quiet

"Oh my God! Get in here!" Lucas' mother assisted Jungwoo in the door as he clung to his swollen and bruised hand as if it was about to fall off. "What happened?" she gasped as he unwrapped it from his shirt. It looked worse than Lucas thought it would be. "Lucas, honey, go grab my emergency kit from under my bed. We need to wrap this before— here, you need to set this book down really quick, sweety."

Lucas scoffed before jogging up the stairs as quick as possible. He didn't want to leave his mother down there with Jungwoo for too long out of fear he might do something to her.

"Hi, Mrs. Wong, it's nice to meet you again. I just upgraded to Lucas's boyfriend." His mother's mouth formed into an 'o' at this sudden news. She didn't have a clue Lucas and Jungwoo were intimate enough and neither did Lucas. "I asked him out weeks ago and he finally decided to say yes."

"What'd you just say? Weeks ago? And he didn't even tell me?" her face pale and heartbroken. Jungwoo knew exactly what he did wrong and he wasn't stopping there. "Lucas usually tells me these— You and Lucas are—" She turned away to look up the stairs where her child has disappeared to. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to put a rift between you two. You know, I assumed you were together all weekend which is why he wasn't answering his calls."

"Really?" Jungwoo pretended her words felt like a slap in the face. "He was on his phone all weekend. He barely had time for me or the wake." Jungwoo pouted which made Lucas's mom come to his comfort. "I'm just... I'm really trying. He's been a bit off ever since Mark unfriended him."

"Mark did what?" She covered her mouth in shock. Lucas came jogging down seconds later as his mom got up to collect the kit with shaky hands.

"You alright mom?" She just looked at him and shook her head. "Did I miss something?" He forced a smile.

"No, but I did. Why didn't you tell me you and Jungwoo were a thing. And then Mark? Your best friend, Mark? I raised him as if he was my own and he bails on you. I always knew he was a little jerk." Lucas's eyes trail to Jungwoo who is watching Mrs. Wong carefully wrap his hand. "Oh, the tape isn't in here. Hold this part down and I'll be back."

Lucas waited patiently tapping his foot against the wooden floor until his mother disappeared "You promised you wouldn't make any more additions to that damn book!" Lucas rushed to sit in the empty seat. "Now you're turning my parents against me too?"

"Your mother doesn't know we're together? Aren't you just a responsible boyfriend."

Lucas's mouth dropped. "Jungwoo, stop! You are supposed to be fixing things. When you get done with this whole acting scene, we're going to Mark's house and you're going to delete that damn video. More importantly, you're going to give those kids their jobs back."

Jungwoo splayed his hands at the boy. "Pft, no need for the last part. I had Taeyong pay them out of your life. They always had their job, just not for that day." Lucas formed his hands into the choking position and Jungwoo held out his neck. "Go ahead. You'll never be able to get the video of me giving you a blowjob."

Lucas covered the older's mouth as his mother came back down the stairs. "Lucas, what are you doing?" she scolded and swat his hands away. "Taking advantage of the handicapped?" Lucas couldn't do anything but roll his eyes. "I hope you're staying for dinner. Your father is picking up pork belly from the market."