Children of the Damned. *Edited*

"I told Damon I would get Kathrine back

"I told Damon I would get Kathrine back. I lied, I don't want to help him." I put my hand to my mouth as I tried to be as quiet as possible so Stefan couldn't sense me.

"I help you, I'll do whatever it takes." I slowly make my way to my room, making sure I closed the door as quietly as possible. I debated with myself, I knew Kathrine wasn't good if Stefan didn't want her back, but Damon deserves love, everyone does. I slowly sit on my bed as I put my hands to my face, rubbing in irritation, He was my friend and Stefan and Elena were going to betray him.

"What up Lizzie?" I pull my head up and look over to Damon

"Nothing Day, just been a long day is all." He nods his head as he agrees, he looks over to my TV in amusement, studying it as Sam and Dean killed another Vampire. "Funny you show up when they kill all the vampires." I laugh as Damon sits on my bed next to me, I was dying to tell him.

"You're  being serious, you're never serious. What's wrong?"

"You staying for awhile?" I ask avoiding the question

"Yep doing my daily patrols." He says rolling his eyes and gesturing to the walls as as he slips off his shoes and lays down on my bed, and continues watching TV." Where are you going to go Day?" I ask as I turn my body and pull my legs up.

"Paris maybe, I'm thinking of going back to Italy for a while." I shake my head with a sad smile.

"I've always wanted to go to Europe. I dream of visiting The streets of Berlin. Dad used to say he wanted my name to be unique because of the hell raiser I was already kicking the hell out of mom, so he picked up a book of names under the German section closed his eyes and chose randomly, mother was furious said if grandma was alive she'd beat him halfway to hell." I chuckle as the reminder while some somberness made its way into my voice.

"Maybe I can take you there."

"You won't." I state as a sad smile befalls my face. He gives me a look and sits up

"You will marry a nice quarterback and have little brown-haired babies and live a normal happy human life." I laugh at the notion.

"Before I could have never imagined marrying someone like Mattie, having the notion that I wasn't going to meet the man I wanted to settle down, had the idea that I would marry the man that would at least make me laugh, but now I'm not sure I want the normal life. Considering a pair of brothers waltzed back into our quite town and shook both mine and Elena's lives." I shrug my shoulders and lay next to him

"Don't forget to say goodbye, and send postcards when you can? It would make me happy knowing you're still out there kicking. Making jokes, killing and chilling." I make a small snort, I look up at Damon with sad eyes," is this goodbye Day?" He looks down at me and pulls me up, I lay my head on his chest listening to the steady thump. You would have the idea that ideology behind a vampire would point that there was no way a real vampire would have a beating heart, but it assures me that no matter the image that Damon betrays he's still a person, was a living breathing man who has suffered.