As I Lay Dying.

I look on to Jenna Empty Room, before sighing and closing the door one final time

I look on to Jenna Empty Room, before sighing and closing the door one final time. I hear a shift in the wind before I turn around and face Damon. "That'll get easier. But you knew that." I nod my head before I step forward and encase Damon into a hug as he runs his hands through my curls and down my back before laying his head on top of mine. "What's wrong Damon?" I whisper my question out to him and he stiffens in my arms. "I want to apologize." My face fills with confusion before I look up into Damon's eyes. "Damon what's there to apologize for?" I question as Damon takes a step away from me. "Feeding you my blood, I was wrong." Damon says as I look up into his eyes that are filled with fear. I shake my head as I reach up and place my hand against his cheek. "It's okay. You were scared you did what you had to." I answer him as I watch his eyes close softly before leaning against my hand. "I know I don't deserve it but I need your forgiveness." I nod my head as Damon gives me a small smile before taking my hand in his and giving it a quick kiss. "I forgive you." I say softly as Damon eyes meet mine once again, and again fear shines in his eyes. "I'll always forgive you." Damon nods his head before quickly leaning down and giving my forehead a kiss. "Thank you." Damon whispers out and suddenly I'm alone in the hallway. Somethings wrong, there shouldn't be fear in his eyes. I suddenly jump into action running down the halls to pick up my bag and shoes.

Damon slowly peels of his leather jacket for the last time before making his way to the den. Quickly moving away all the bourbon in the front of the small case in the bookshelf before grabbing the one bottle he never opened before and pours himself a drink and makes his way to the glass windows on the farther wall, facing the front of the Boarding House. Damon looks down before taking a drink and setting the glass down, and closes his eyes for a brief second, scorching her face in his memory, trying to remember every detail for her smile, every sound her laugh makes, and the way her tears fall down her face when she cries. I'm ready. He says mentality before taking his right hand and reaching out to slowly take off his ring. He could hear the skin start to sizzle and burn while he does it, but he doesn't turn back. I love you, I'm sorry I can't have you see me die, I won't.

The burning starts to intensify as he opens his eyes to face the sun once again and drops the precious metal onto the wooden floor, before spreading his arms out as he finally starts to feel the fire across his skin. I'm sorry. He wants to scream out in pain, but the only sound he makes is the breathing that comes from his lips as he awaits his death. Suddenly he's flown back away from the open windows and his younger brother is on top of him. "Get off me." Damon mutters out through the pain as he glares up at the younger Salvatore. "You're not doing this." Stefan states as he speeds them across the room to the opposite wall, hanging Damon up by the collar of his shirt. "Just did." Damon states as his skin starts to look normal before Stefan speeds them down the hallway. "You know what happened to Rose, Stefan." "I don't care." Stefan states before throwing his brother into one of the many cells in the cellar, and kicking the door in front of him. Damon looks over his shoulder to Stefan from the ground. "You're not dying today." Damon turns his body to face Stefan. "What's the plan Superman?" "I'm going to find a way out of this." Stefan states through the bars of the door. "Oh, right. A miracle cure. Good luck with that one." "I got Bonnie looking for something, anything." Damon shakes his head at his younger brother. "Always the hero, Stefan. Just tell me goodbye, get it over with." Damon states before moving his body over as he starts to cough up blood on the ground. "Lie still. Conserve your strength." Stefan says as he watch painfully from the bars.