24. Payback.

I finished zipping up my knee high converse that had pink laces. I slipped my Dolph Ziggler wristband onto my left wrist that were also pink, and fixed my hair for the last time. There was a knock on the door to the locker room. "Come in." I yelled out to whoever was behind the door. One of the writers walked in. He looked over at me and pointed behind him.

"You're on." He said.

I inhaled deeply, and nodded my head. I put away my bag in my cubby and followed the writer out of the room to gorilla. Guys were walking in from their match they just had, and everybody was surrounding Vince and the screens where they were watching. I stretched my neck, as Kaitlyn walked up to me.

"Ready." She smiled.

I smiled lightly and nodded my head. She gave me a smile of empathy. I felt hands on my shoulders and looked back to find it was Big E. I smiled lightly up at him.

Kaitlyn went out first, and I came out after. I came out trying my hardest to make a smile, and skipped down to the ring with E following behind me. The bell rang, and me and Kaitlyn went at it. In the middle of the match I led out a loud piercing scream, and oh did it feel good... Towards the end Kaitlyn whipped me into the turn buckle, she came running towards me, and I quickly hop onto the top buckle sitting there laughing and catching my breath, as she hits the middle buckle. Kaitlyn starts to get up, I quickly wrap around her and put her into the black widow. Slowly but surely she taps.

"Here is your winner by submission, A.J Lee!!!" Lilian Garcia says into the microphone.

The ref grabbed the belt and walked towards me. I grabbed it out of his hands and fell onto my knees ugly crying. This is the moment I've been waiting for my whole life, and its finally happening, yet I don't feel exactly like I expected....

I get onto the top rope and held my title up. I jumped off and slid out of the ring and made my way up the ramp to gorilla. I walk into the gorilla, and people started clapping. Some came up and congratulated me, Nick walked up to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Great match, you deserve this." He whispered into my ear.

I pulled away from him and smiled up at him. "Thank you."

I made my way down the halls and walked into catering. The shield music started playing, I looked over at one of the screens in the room and saw Jon and his United States championship. He was wrestling Kane. I guess I should probably explain what happened after yesterdays little fiasco. I left to my hotel room to hopefully find Jon, but just found his stuff gone out of our room. Then I just cried myself to sleep..... I woke up in the morning and went to work to hell. Literally. Everybody knew about yesterdays mishap, even the people who weren't there. Hunter, Stephanie and Vince had heard. Once I arrived to the arena I was immediately called into Vince's office. Hunter and Stephanie were also in there with him, I felt like I was walking into the lion's den. They basically told me how they were disappointed, and that my personal problems should be no where near the work place which I agree with. They finished up by telling me that if anything like this happens again I'll basically be suspended and so will Jon. After that they told me how Curtis wasn't here because he got a concussion. I felt a little bad for him....

I got a bowl of grapes and sat down at one of the tables. My attention was on the T.V where Jon was, but my mind was somewhere else. I was so deep into thought that I hadn't notice Colby taking a seat next to me.

"Hey champ." He said taking my eyes away from the screen.

I looked up at him.

"Hey.." I replied.

"You know for someone who just got their first championship, you sure don't seem excited." He said.

I scoff at his comment.