Operation Contact

"So, basically, what you're saying is that you assumed Lisa was sexually harassing Jennie over there, and acting on your assumption, you decided to take matters into your own hands and knee her in the damn crotch?" Yoongi rubs his temple. "You're so hard to handle sometimes."

You purse your lips, knowing that you're only burdening him more after the whole he-is-in-love-with-you incident. You feel bad for him, but he's not willing to stay away from you either.

"What will I ever do with you?" He mutters, shaking his head. "Plus, there's Taehyung, and the two of you together are hell's angels."

"At least we're angels." The two of you stare at Taehyung as he walks in with a bright smile, carding a hand through his fluffy ash hair. "You said it yourself, Sugaberry."

Yoongi winces.

You cover your mouth, trying your best not to laugh at the new nickname your best friend came up with for the blue-haired boy. It's interesting, to say the least.

"No one's talking to you, party boy," Lisa rolls her eyes, and you sense she's still sour about the whole kneeing-her-in-the-crotch thing. "Yoongi, do something. If she keeps on being like this, none of us will be able to reproduce in the future."

Jennie gives you a look. She's cooled down somewhat after the whole incident was explained, and she doesn't know you personally - which is why is is not...accustomed to such spontaneous behaviour.

"I'm..." You raise your eyebrows, smiling awkwardly. "Sorry?"

Jungkook smiles. He seems to be taking active interest in watching his noona get bashed.

"You're evil." You narrow your eyes at him.

"I know."

"Guys, guys, please." Suga scrunches up his face in utter frustration as he tries to change the subject. "It's all explained now, so you shouldn't fight. Plus, Y/N promised she wouldn't kick you down there again. Right, Y/N?"

You raise an eyebrow slowly. "Well, unless the situation calls for it-"

"Right?" The blue-haired boy grits his teeth together and forces a smile at you. Gulping, you nod.

"And oh, by the way, Jin called."

All of you whip your heads to look at Taehyung, who is standing at the door with an innocent exression painted across his face. "What?"

"You couldn't have said that sooner?" You hiss, getting up and whipping the phone out of his hand, as he watches in indignation. "Jin. Jin. Jin."

"What's so important about him anyway-"

"Hyung." Jungkook gives him a blank smile before patting his shoulder. "I know you try your best, but there are some situations which you should just stay out of."

You exhale, punching in his number as the others - except your best friend - watch carefully. Jennie, of course, being new, has no idea what is going on, but she has enough sense to fathom that it is something serious, from the others' expressions.

You press the phone against your ear, inhaling deeply and internally praying that the man doesn't pick up.

He picks up.

Dang it.

"Hello? Y/N?"

You take a deep breath. "Yes. What do you want, Seokjin?"

Yoongi watches you carefully, as if on tenterhooks.

"I-" The man seems to hesitate. "I called to apologize. For what I did to Namjoon."

"Then why are you calling us, huh?" You ask steely, pressing your lips into a narrow line like your eyes. "Call him."

"I can't." Jin's voice sounds pleading, almost begging and pained, in a way that almost makes you want to believe him. You exhale through your teeth, unsure how to proceed, and a bit angry at how you're always the one who has to handle these kinds of situations. "He wouldn't talk to me."

"Have you even tried, you as-" You break off, glancing at Taehyung as he watches you in silent wonder. "I-You know what, never mind. I'm done with your crap."

"No, Y/N, please!" He pleads again, and you purse your lips. "There's a reason I can't talk directly to him - please, listen to me just this once."

You chew your lip doubtfully, eyeing Yoongi who has this strange look in his eye. For a moment, you remember his confession and almost break into a fit of blushing and mumbling, but then you remember you're talking to a twenty year old two-timer.

You grit your teeth. "What?!"

"He's not picking up, Y/N." Jin's voice almost sounds worried, but you're not one to forgive him this fast. "I tried from another phone, too - and even used the booth and all that - but he's just not picking up. I - I know you probably don't believe me, but I'm worried about him, Y/N. Please, please just try to contact him."

Fear spatters across your expression, coupled with a morbid curiosity. You knew that Namjoon wasn't contacting anyone, and assumed it was because he needed time - but now, you're not too sure.

You slowly detach the phone from your ear, and let your hand hand close to your side. Looking around at the rest, your face is set and grim. "Guys," You begin, trying not to scare them. "I think Namjoon's disappeared."