Operation Pidgeon Poop

Yoongi glances at you with disinterest as you drag him out of the shop, looking around for any clues that the gray-headed boy might have been present at the spot a few moments ago. Yet, you remain relentless, the determined set to your jaw telling him that he wasn't going home anytime soon.

"But he was right here," You frown, and he sighs.

"Look, maybe you mistook someone else for him?" He raises his eyebrows hopefully, but you don't look half comvinced. "Maybe because of the gray hair and how you normally associate it with him..."

"Jeez." You turn, face slack. "What are you trying to say?"

"Well..." He raises his shoulders slowly in a sheepish shrug. "Maybe you actually saw an old man?"

Your eyebrow twitches, but before he can get yelled at, you get distracted by something in the distance. His eyes widen as you pull fervently at his wrist again, pulling him away to who-knows-where.

"Come on!" You whisper-yell at him. "I saw him again!"

And once again, Yoongi finds himself lagging behind you as the two of you thread through the early morning crowd of joggers that often dwell in that particular street. Maybe because of that particular coffee shop that opens at five in the morning.

He feels a strange surge of déjà vu, yet a strong one at that. How many times has he been in this sort of situation?

The boy smiles dryly, looking at your adorably concentrated face from behind as he gets pulled along.

"There." You whisper to him, slowing down to a stop after a few minutes. Suga blinks himself awake, not having realised how long it had been since the two of you had started moving.

He frowns as you crouch behind a parked Jeep, following your movements and lowering himself on his haunches. Eyes following your gaze, he stops and pauses breathing for a moment when he spots, indeed, brightly coloured grayish-silver hair.

"What's he doing?" He wonder out aloud, and you turn to place a finger on your lips, gesturing to him to be quiet.

The two of you watch in silent unison as Taehyung as he pulls something that's carefully wrapped in cloth and hands to to another stranger in a black hoodie. Yoongi's brow continues to crease deeper as he watches, equal parts fascinated and confused.

Wait, was it okay to spy on your friend?

"What are you doing?"

You turn to the blue-haired boy once again, a scowl etched on your face, to fiercely put a finger to your lips again.

Then you realise he hadn't spoken at all.

With wide eyes, both you and Yoongi turn to find Taehyung looking down at you in mild confusion, sipping a Coke. "Why are you crouching behind a car? You can't fix a flat tyre any more than you can fix your spelling errors."

Yoongi has gone white around the mouth.

You stare up at your best friend as if seeing a ghost. "Wait...Tae? If you're here, then who's-"

"You wouldn't want to know."

In slow motion, the three of you turn to look up the other side.

Oh. So that's who the hoodie guy was.

"Well." Yoongi says quietly.

You simply stare at the man open-mouthed.

'Yeol' glares down at the two of you and Taehyung whimpers ever-so-slightly.

Then, if things could get worse, you notice the baseball bat clutched in the man's white-knuckled hand.

"You're her." He snaps, and you remember the cold, dark voice from the cell. This is the one dude who held you captive. "You're trying to bring Park back, aren't you?" He snarls, and Yoongi's blood runs cold.

You only register bring and Park.

"Uhm, sir," Suga says nervously next to you, the two of you shakily getting to your feet, "we really don't go to parks. I mean the pidgeons poop on the benches all the time-"

He is blatantly ignored. You don't blame Yeol, you would have probably ignored a person too if they started talking about pidgeon poop.

"Do you want to die?" The man's voice is barely controlled as he aims the baseball bat at your face.

"Woah, woah, woah," Your eyes are wide as you step back, about to shit your pants. "Look, I didn't force him to come back, alright? If you want to kill someone, kill him."

You point at Yoongi, who raises his eyebrows in disbelief. "What an amazing friend you are, Y/N," He says sarcastically as he raises his hands defensively. "Look, we can resolve this peacefully."

"Actually, no, we can't," Taehyung frowns.

"Not helping, Tae," Yoongi mutters.

"Shit!" You yell as the bat swings towards your face.

"No swearing!" Your best friend screeches as you feel the bat swinging towards your face -

Nothing.

You open your eyes slowly, cautiously, gaze moving to the man blocking the bat from hitting your face.

"Miss me?"