Operation Black And White

Your mouth shuts tightly, jaws coming together with an almost painfully audible snap. Next to you, Baekhyun seems to shrink into himself a little, and then the anger inside you feels like bursting and comsuming everything in a hypernova.

Jimin gazes at you with an almost unfamiliar detachment, but the slight clench of his fist and the hardness of his eyes gives it away.

He doesn't want this.

Your fingers loosen a little behind your back, and your jaw softens as you look at him. Remembering how only days ago, he was the boy who pleaded and begged and almost cried when you let go.

When you had to let go.

You can't help but wonder how he got himself into this mess. Bright and sunny at eighteen, Jimin turned, so fast, and so painfully that it makes your shoulders cave into themselves.

Why? Why are you here? Why would Jimin want any harm to come to you, when all he felt was genuine? Why does Baekhyun care? Why does this have to happen?

The questions swirl in your already overworked mind, and exhaustion seeps deep into your aching bones. The room seems to blur in and out of focus.

"Why?" You whisper softly, despite the fatigue in your vocal chords.

The blond says nothing, but his brows pinch together in a frown that is close to imperceptible. For a second, his hands relax, and your heart soars, but then they bind into fists again.

"Why did you call me a murderer, Y/N?" He asks lowly.

Your head jolts in surprise. You don't know what you were expecting him to say, but it was definitely not this.

Jimin seems to sende your shock, and shakes his head minutely. "That day, when you..." His voice falters. "You called me a murderer that day, even when you didn't know what I had been doing. You asked me where I had been, and you weren't supposed to have any information about what was happening in here, did you?" His voice is careful, controlled, and you are rooted to the spot. "So why did you call me a murderer?"

You are too in shock to answer.

In your peripheral vision, Baekhyun shifts on his feet, and your head jerks in fear. You know, because Baekhyun let you know.

Jimin knows.

Almost sucking in a sharp breath, you turn to him with widened eyes. Baekhyun doesn't look up, but the unadulterated rage in his eyes makes you step back subconsciously before you realise what you are doing.

"You weren't supposed to know," Jimin continues, and your eyes are ripped from the ravenet to the blond. "And if you hadn't, frankly...

You swallow back the dry spot in your throat, but your clavicles ache from the prolonged pressure of your arms having been behind your back for hours. "Then what?"

"I wouldn't have to do this." He says coldly, and his fingers slip down the side of his t-shirt before they snag on the waistband of his jeans.

You frown in confusion as it gleams, but then freeze in pure terror as you realise the gleam is that of the metallic exterior of a gun in a holster.

Gang leaders have holsters?

The panic swelling in your chest accelarates as he raises the weaponised hand casually and twirls the trigger part of the gun around his forefinger, which you aren't sure what to call.

You are, though, very sure that this will be your death day.

"Uh," You lick your lips in alarm, but Baekhyun doesn't even react. You stare at Jimin, thinking furiously about how you should distract him or slow him down. "Why-why are you doing this?"

It sounds very damsel-in-distress-y even to you, but you accept that the phrase is a pretty accurate description of your current predicament.

But there must be a piece of some of that care left behind in him, because Jimin averts his eyes, face twisted in pain, and swings his arm before walming agitatedly into the middle of the room. You turn slowly to face him, and the light from the only two windows falls onto your face.

Hope glimmers in your chest. Potential way out.

"Why?" He laughs bitterly, and your gaze swings back to him just as he runs his bejewelled fingers through his thick blond hair. "Why? Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" He shakes his head, and looks at you. "Do you think I want to do this? Hurt you? Do you really think I could change just like that?"

He snaps his fingers for emphasis, and you flinch.

"You..." You struggle to find the words. "You brought me here. Us."

You jerk your chin towards Baekhyun, who still stands with his head hanging. A cruel twist mars his lips, the only oart of his face visible underneath the shadows.

"Oh, what did he tell you?" Jimin smiles, but it is fragile, sardonic. "Would a man - who took away my entire life from me - matter more than his deeds?"

Deeds don't always make a person, you want to say. But do they? Is Jimin the bad guy? Is Baekhyun the bad guy?

"Not everything is black and white, Y/N." He says, and with a sinking feeling in your gut, you remember that those were the very words the ravenet spoke in the cell. "I could've been the damnation of everything my father had built up, I could have ripped this empire from the inside out-" His expression turns to one of anguish. "But you...but him."

Your face falls.

"I can't let him say anything, and I have to-to end his life for that." The blond shivers. "It's not pleasant, trust me."

You shiver along with him.

The look on his face is excruciating, and it's much too different from the coldness you thought you would encounter. Behind you, Baekhyun snarls.

Who's the bad guy?

But you don't need to decide.

Before you do, Jimin cocks his gun and raises it to your forehead.

|

MAN ANSWER GOT MY LAST WEAVE

TAE WITH HIS NICKI MINAJ HAIR AND JUANCOCK'S COUGH AND THE DROP KICK (literally) CHOREO AND SEXY JOONIE AND YOONGI AND HO(E)SEOK HELP-

i love serendipity's full version and i'm fiNE (lies) AND TRIVIA: SEESAW MAN I CRI

suffer with me fam

pEace