Operation Hours

"No way."

"Yes way," Taehyung groans as he shoves the phone further into Yoongi's face, whose eyes are blown wide open in shock. "I swear it's not fake. At all."

"That would be a cruel joke." Jungkook agrees, arms folded across his chest, fingers tucked into his underarms.

The rest of them are silent.

"No, it's real." Namjoon purses his lips, squinting at the screen before pushing up the rim of his glasses with his forefinger. "Definitely."

"I know that." The gray-haired boy pouts, a little put off at not being believed readily. "It's too serious to be real."

"But who...?" Yoongi's already weak voice trails off, unable to voice the singular question on everyone's mind.

"That's what we don't know." Hoseok shrugs. "If you don't know what it is, I mean."

Jin stands uncomfortably behind the peach-haired boy, not sure if he wants the attention to be on him. After all that he's done, he doesn't exactly want to be pummeled to death by the group yet again.

He stares at the one with the blue dyed hair, looking like a neon popsicle, maybe from one of those enrgy drink ads. His hair looks blue-er than it's supposed to, which makes him wonder if he dyed it freshly not too long ago.

So he stays at the back, dawdling and wringing his hands. This is one of the more scarily awkward moments of his rather eventful life.

"Read it out for us." The redhead pipes up hopefully, presumably not having seen whatever the phone screen's mysterious surface displays. Maybe it's some sort of book - but that shouldn't be shocking.

"Unknown number." Yoongi frowns, and Taehyung gestures haphazardly at him to go on. "Uh, almost hours ago?"

"About twenty hours." Jungkook glares at the back of his boyfriend's head before shaking his own in frustration. "Very responsible of you, hyung."

The gray-haired boy purses his lips and looks around at the narrow-eyed brunet. "I got sidetracked, okay? It was your fault, too."

Namjoon looks amused, and Jin feels strangely happy at the ounce of emotion his lately passive face displays. "What did you do?"

"He ate my last Twix." Taehyung pulls his lips down in an exaggerated pout, and the barista opposite him blinks. "And it turned into...something else."

"Twenty hours." Suga looks distraught, and the color fades from his cheeks fast. "Twenty hours, and you didn't see this?"

His tone is dangerous, uninvitingly pissed, but Jin thinks he detects a trace of worry underlining it. He looks around with a frown, just realising that not the entire gang is present.

Ever since one fine day, weeks ago, when he was punched perfectly in the face - Jin has always hidden away a morbid fear of blue hair.

Taehyung immediately stops speaking, and his face looks pained on seeing the concerned, almost scared expression on the boy's face. "Where...where is she?"

He looks at the boy again, brow furrowing slowly. Jin realises that he's not the only one who's realised that the heart of the group isn't in the café.

"I don't know." Yoongi's voice numbs his senses, low and quietly despairing. "She called me last night - and today, asked me to meet her-" He looks at the clock. "-almost two hours ago. I..." He stares down the the phone in his hand again, and his face falls. "No."

Jin meets Joshua's eyes, and the teo share a temporary look of discomfort, concern about someone they barely know.

"There's an address here." Suga's front row of teeth worry at his chapped, dry lower lip. He holds up the phone, and finally the oldest notices the icon. They're a bunch of messages. "But I don't know this place...and there's a warning-"

"'Stay with her'." Taehyung finishes, his jaw working. "Where is she, Yoongi?"

No one speaks.

The brunet barista looks even more uncomfortable now, the look on his face implying that he feels he's intruding on something private. For once, Kim Seokjin can relate.

He probably feels worse, after what he did.

"Park..." Taehyung's voice trails malevolently, and his fists clench almost unnoticeably at the sides of his jeans. "He..."

Yoongi and Taehyung share a long look, the intensity of their matched stares reminding him of that one Dragon Ball episode. Jin steps forward.

"May I...?" He bites his lip, trying not to look neither intimidated nor smug. The blue head gives him a long, calculating look before gingerly turning the phone's face towards him.

There it is.

A clear message from an unknown number, no typos and no grammatical mistakes, but the sentences are short and clipped, so he can tell that the writer must have been shirt of time.

"I know this place." He says formally, straightening to his full height and casting his worried glance at Namjoon, who looks at him with an odd expression. "I have a license - I can drive you there, and the police..."

"The police will be too late, and they might not be very willing - look what happened last time." Yoongi grits out. "She hasn't been gone more than a few hours, we can't file a complaint yet, and they probably won't believe a bunch of teenagers."

No one rebukes.

"Okay, then." Taehyung sighs, and looks straight at Jin. "What have you got?"