Operation Boy Band

Joshua Hong likes his job.

The pay is good, and the extra income is always welcome. A nice girl works the same shift as him on Sundays, and even though she's tired all the time, he likes having someone sensible to talk to when work gets boring. He almost always gets the employee of the month sticker, and even though it's a bit too shiny, it makes him smile. And of course, he can't exactly sleep on the job with the overwhelmingly warm smell of caffiene and coffee everywhere.

He doesn't usually get rude customers, even though it is, in fact, a café, but he likes to think it's because of his overwhelming politeness. Joshua takes a great amount of pride in his behaviour, which he know surpasses that of most other eighteen year-olds in the town.

Sometimes, he can be a bit nosy, but he attributes that to his concern for other people, even strangers who just had a crease folding their brow while ordering. This particular trait hasn't gotten him in trouble.

Yet.

Even so, he glances over to the blue-haired boy sitting tiredly at a table in the corner. This is the third time, and he hasn't been caught - yet - but his lips purse in worry. The boy slumps over the round top of the wooden table - his arms a protective circle around the coffee mug that lies still untouched.

Joshua wipes the table another time and straightens. The boy - he's a regular, usualy has an outspoken girl with him - has his phone out now, and is staring at it sadly, as if he's being stood up by someone he's had a crush on since he was six.

The worker frowns, and deposits the now dirty cloth on the countertop. His jaw sets with a newfound determination, and he tightens his apron around his waist, making his way to the lonely boy as he weaves through the round, brown tables that clock together like machine gears.

"Yoongi, right?" He offers in a friendly voice ashe nears the table, wearing his signature smile that is known to put everyone at ease. Sure enough, as soon as the boy looks up, the weariness of his pursed mouth turns into a wry smile. "Your coffee's going to get cold."

The boy roughly rubs the back of his neck, smiling awkwardly at the coffee cup lying on the table in front of him, and straightens his slouched back. "Yeah." He winces. "I kind of, just...I'm supposed yo be waiting for someone, but they're late."

"By three hours?" Joshua asks softly, but at his words, Yoongi's face falls. "Don't worry, I've been stood up before, too."

"No, it's not that..." He hesitates. "She wouldn't have stood me up. She's not that type of person...and she was way too excited for this." Suddenly, his brow creases over. "And plus, not even her best friend - or any of her friends - have seen her since morning. I just hope she's alright..."

At the concerned turn of his words, the brunet's smile turns admiring. "Maybe she got caught up in something." He shrugs, trying to comfort the boy who's frowning again. "She'll probably come around."

"Yoongi?" Both of them look up at the new voice that joins them, and Joshua is confused as he takes in the peach-haired addition to the unlikely duo. "What are you doing here?"

"Namjoon." Yoongi amends, and the worker sees that there is a confused frown on his face. "What do you mean?"

"No, I just thought-" Namjoon, which Joshua learns is his name, cuts himself off. "I thought you would be with Y/N."

Yoongi stiffens, and the brunet wonders if this is the girl he's supposed to meet.

"I saw her a couple of hours ago," Namjoon continues, apparently oblivious to the boy's reaction. "She looked really happy and all that, the dreamy kind of expression she always has - but she was alone, so I thought you two were meeting up or something."

"A couple of hours." Joshua can almost see the gears turning in Yoongi's head. "Where?"

"Somewhere close, I think." Another boy muses, an impossibly beautiful man who looks alder than both Yoongi and Namjoon, and the blue-haired boy stiffens all over again. "You mean she isn't here?"

Joshua is just confused at this point.

"Suga!" Someone bursts through the doors with shocking speed, shouldering through the people with wide, panicked eyes. "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

The bunet frowns, the sheer number of people being too many for him to keep up with. He isn't quite ready to face a disappearance.

The loud, gray-haired boy is followed by a quieter brunet who looks like the most sensible person in the party. And there's a shock of red hair behind him, and gosh, are they part of a boy band or something?

"What happened?" Yoongi's voice is laced with urgency, and he jumps to his feet, worry lines around his eyes becoming more prominent. Joshua wonders if he should stay or slink away as long as he can.

"I got a message from an unknown number this morning, but I didn't see it until some time ago because Jungkook and I were-" The gray-haired boy's cheeks tint pink. "Busy. But seriously, look at this."

He thrusts his cellphone into the blue-haired boy's face.

Yoongi's face falls.

"Yes." The redhead behind them announces in the voice of a preacher. "We're going to die."