Operation Everyday People

Yoongi tips his face skyward, sweat shining on the ridges and planes of his face. He raises his sweaty hand to wipe his face, and exhales heavily, widening his eyes to wake himself up.

"Tired already?" You question, but you're in a bad state yourself. A small smile makes its way onto the blue-haired boy's face, and he shakes his head.

"You thought." He chuckles, but grimaces afterwards. "Can we not stop and sit down for a moment, though?"

"Nah." You grin mischievously, but you slow down. Yoongi stops a few feet later, but you continue jogging up the path.

"This was so not necessary, though." He rolls his eyes as he jogs to catch up. "Just because it's cold doesn't mean we have to get hot and sweaty."

"Obey the scales of nature," You intone in a wise voice, and he shakes his head. "Hey, quit laughing at me."

"How can I when you make it so hard for me?" He grins, but stops, his lips forming an 'o' as he breathes out, hands on his knees to support him. "This is stupid."

"No it's not."

He purses his lips, but doesn't say anything as the two of you slow down. Now walking side-by-side, both of you make your way up the sidewalk with a pace relatively slower than your past speed.

"Can we go to that café again?" Suga pants, his expression pleading. "I'm dying for something to drink."

"It's not my fault you didn't bring a water bottle." You shrug.

He frowns. "You were the one who forgot them with our bikes!"

"All right, all right." You frown. "Which café are you talking about?"

"You know, the usual." He gestures with his chin towards the quaint little building further ahead, and you shrug, moving forward.

Both of you push through the glass doors of the place, sweaty and gross, but no one pays you any attention. You're regulars, after all.

"Hey, Y/N," Yoongi bites his lip as both of you take a seat, making you raise your eyebrows inquisitively. "It's a great idea, what you're doing...but to be frank, I don't think it's working."

You frown, but there's a trace of guilt on the creases lining your face. "What do you mean?"

"Distracting yourself." He sighs, as if he doesn't want to say this but has no choice. "Trying to forget...Y/N, Jimin was and still is a huge part of your life. There's no shame in the fact that you can't forget it - and what you heard, that day, is enough to-"

"Stop." You close your eyes, and he winces at the expression of extreme pain on your face. "Please, Yoongi. Don't."

No one at the café says anything, but the waiter makes his way towards the two of you. The blue-haired boy notices and waves him off softly.

"If I don't, no one will." He reahes forward and lets his hands cup yours that sprawl on the table. "Y/N, it's not helping, and it's obvious. I know you. Everyday Y/N wouldn't drag me along to jog at five in the morning just because. It's not working - you're just pushing away the problem that you're supposed to face - and when it hits you, it's going to hurt much worse."

You don't say anything, but your brow smoothes over. "Everyday Y/N wouldn't do that, huh? What would she do then?"

"Drag me along to jog in the middle of the night." Yoongi answers without hesitation. You crack a smile, making him smile back.

"So what will it be?" He smiles a little, tapping his fingertips on the wooden table. "The usual?"

"Waffles with the classic maple syrup," You confirm with a nod, but something outside the glass double doors catches your eye.

"And coffee?" Yoongi continues, his eyes scanning the folded standee on the table's top. "Maybe espressos?"

"Express what?" You ask absentmindedly, still looking over at the street with a small frown.

"Y/N." He captures your attention, raising an eyebrow. "What's up with you today?"

"Huh, yeah." You frown a little, and the man outside is gone. "Lattes, yeah. Whatever you say, man."

His upper lip twitches. "What the heck-?"

He turns to look out the doors, noticing your attention captured by the view. "What?"

"I think I saw Taehyung." You frown.

"So?"

"Everyday Taehyung wouldn't be up at six in the morning if his life depended on it." Your eyes flicker back to the blue-haired boy. "I gotta check this out."

"Wait-" He hisses as his side grazes the table's corner getting up after you. "Why me? Next you know, I'll be stubbing my toe."

"Come on, Sugaberry." You grab the front of his jacket, still distracted by the doors. "We have to get a move on."

He smiles dryly. "Well at least, that's everyday Y/N."